Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Say Rodgers decides to play elsewhere but that team can't afford Adams too.  I know it's not likely high on Adams' wishlist but hey maybe Davante would want to play for Atlanta.  Sure, Matt Ryan is on the back 9 of his career but hey... Atlanta is a very popular city and a complete 180 from small town life of Green Bay.  We sign/trade Adams to ATL for Calvin Ridley (if he's good to go, of course) and a pick (2nd rd?).  Gute signs Amari Cooper for less than/half as much as Adams will cost.

Jordan Love

Aaron Jones
AJ Dillion

Amari Cooper
Calvin Ridley
Allen Lazard
MVS
Amari Rodgers
ESB, etc

Yes, I know it'll never happen but let a Bama fan have his fun lol.  But hey that's a very solid offensive unit with some outstanding blockers at WR which is great for our running game.  

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Apparently someone didn't think NFL media was talking about him enough because there's a whole "Scouting Combine" thing going on:

I know whenever Poochie's not on screen I'm thinking "where's Poochie?"

Trade him for a ransom and don't let the door hit him in the *** on the way out. WE need him to pass the physical of the acquiring team. 

**** him! I think I've said that before though. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Say Rodgers decides to play elsewhere but that team can't afford Adams too.  I know it's not likely high on Adams' wishlist but hey maybe Davante would want to play for Atlanta.  Sure, Matt Ryan is on the back 9 of his career but hey... Atlanta is a very popular city and a complete 180 from small town life of Green Bay.  We sign/trade Adams to ATL for Calvin Ridley (if he's good to go, of course) and a pick (2nd rd?).  Gute signs Amari Cooper for less than/half as much as Adams will cost.

Jordan Love

Aaron Jones
AJ Dillion

Amari Cooper
Calvin Ridley
Allen Lazard
MVS
Amari Rodgers
ESB, etc

Yes, I know it'll never happen but let a Bama fan have his fun lol.  But hey that's a very solid offensive unit with some outstanding blockers at WR which is great for our running game.  

Love the thought but give me a 1 and 2 for Adams. I think Cleveland could be a landing spot as there is talk they move on from Jarvis Landry as he's butt hurt over OBJ being jettisoned. 

Load up on draft capital and acquire as much young talent as we can get the next two years. Develop it and become the Seahawks teams of a several years ago. 

I'd love to see us trade Rodgers to AZ for Murray and a 1st. People think that is crazy but Murray is never going to be as good as Rodgers and AZ has a 'win now roster!". Then trade Murray to either Denver or the JETS for an *** load of additional picks. 

I know, I'm dreaming, but I'd love to see us walk into this draft stacked with draft capital. 

IMO, Rodgers made up his mind a long time ago he wants out of GB. He's just being a **** at this point. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Lol Jesus Christ, just trade him and be done with this sideshow. He ain't winning you **** at this point so move on.

I think he's gonna make the decision for us. I think he wants out. Again, just a hunch....or feel.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Trade him for a ransom and don't let the door hit him in the *** on the way out. WE need him to pass the physical of the acquiring team. 

**** him! I think I've said that before though. 

If it's true that Denver is willing to part with a boatload of picks for him, we'd be dumb not to trade him.

• Like 2

Peter Bukowski -  If he comes back, plenty of fans will welcome him with open arms but at what point does it become difficult to believe he’s all-in on the team when we are on Year 2 of “He’s not sure he wants to play here”

///

This is the point I made....he's been chewing on this for two years. The fact he's (supposedly) "torn" - I think - implies he's more likely to leave than stay.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Didn't we learn last year that none of these guys really know anything? Why are we taking any of the clickbait seriously?

Agreed. The longer he takes the more likely I think it is he leaves, but that could be my own brain playing tricks on me.

Before I thought maybe he knew he'd come back and was waiting for the right time for the announcement. At this point I feel that he's reckoning with the fact that if he retires after playing with only one team, he might always regret not experiencing something else. 

I'm excited to root for the Packers either way, but I really hope we get a couple more shots with him before we plunge into the unknown.

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Love the thought but give me a 1 and 2 for Adams. I think Cleveland could be a landing spot as there is talk they move on from Jarvis Landry as he's butt hurt over OBJ being jettisoned. 

Still think the Raiders would be the most logical destination.

• Like 1

First Gute says theres no gentleman's agreement on trading  Rodgers where ever he wants, then Rapport reports he's torn on "where he wants to play" indicating Packers or some other team and not retirement and he could possibly choose where he wants to go.

So what is it? I'm inclined to believe Gute over media clickbait reports. It just would shock me at this point if he asks for trade after all this mulling. Like if he was really committed to playing football why wouldn't he still play with the Packers? We repaired the relationship and the problems he had with how we handled things, and also would move heaven and earth to keep him most likely. What could he possibly be thinking about if he wanted to still play but not with the packers? is Hackett really that much of a bigger draw if this is all true? Is Davante the key  to him coming back?

Edited by Gopackgonerd

5 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

First Gute says theres no gentleman's agreement on trading  Rodgers where ever he wants, then Rapport reports he's torn on "where he wants to play" indicating Packers or some other team and not retirement and he could possibly choose where he wants to go.

So what is it? I'm inclined to believe Gute over media clickbait reports. It just would shock me at this point if he asks for trade after all this mulling. Like if he was really committed to playing football why wouldn't he still play with the Packers? We repaired the relationship and the problems he had with how we handled things, and also would move heaven and earth to keep him most likely. What could he possibly be thinking about if he wanted to still play but not with the packers? is Hackett really that much of a bigger draw if this is all true? Is Davante the key  to him coming back?

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sandy said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/04/aaron-rodgers-has-specific-destinations-in-place-if-he-chooses-to-leave-the-packers/amp/

This report seems bologna, but apparently Rodgers has narrowed it down to three teams aside from GB, deals are all in place and he just has to decide where.

I believe it. I think Rodgers has been back channeling with other teams. 

Just like James Harden was doing with the 76ers! 

Andrew Brandt made a good point on the Rich Eisen Show, which has Ryan Leaf taking Rich's spot, who is actually quite good, Andrew said if Rodgers wanted back this would already be done. The longer this goes the less likely I see him being back as a Packer.

• Like 1