Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

@Leader already pointed out what they are doing, they are rescinding the tag on Adams and letting him hit the market. 

I missed that take, but that is highly unlikely. By rescinding the tag, the Packers would also forgo their rights to a comp pick when signs elsewhere.   

58 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

If he gets extended by 3 it is going to be because the Packers capitulated and gave him what he wanted. Which means another monster contract with a poison pill at the end for the Packers. 

This makes me angry 😠  Can we please get our GM back? One who won't acquiesce to every superstar players demands?  Last I remember football is a team sport, you can't give two players all the money!!!!

Edited by St Vince

1 minute ago, R T said:

I missed that take, but that is highly unlikely. By rescinding the tag, the Packers would also forgo their rights to a comp pick when signs elsewhere.   

@Leader was making a joke and I reiterated it. Of course, they are not going to release Adams. 

1 minute ago, St Vince said:

This makes me angry 😠  Can we please get our GM back? One who won't acquiesce to ever super star players demands?  Last I remember football is a team sport, you can't give two players all the money!!!!

Their counterpoint to that is they are the only two on offense who get to touch the ball so why not?

6 minutes ago, St Vince said:

This makes me angry 😠  Can we please get our GM back? One who won't acquiesce to every superstar players demands?  Last I remember football is a team sport, you can't give two players all the money!!!!

In all likelihood this all comes down from Murphy, since TT retired most everything is done with PR in mind first and foremost.    

1 minute ago, R T said:

In all likelihood this all comes down from Murphy, since TT retired most everything is done with PR in mind first and foremost.    

Murphys top priority is to protect the sledding hill, second comes the PR aspect of the team.  

57 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I've been a Packer fan before you were even a glimmer in your Dad's eye. I am against fiscal irresponsibly. But, but, but look at the Saints. Did they win a Super Bowl? Also, I believe Brees was playing on a more team friendly contract. 

Seems like you've been a fan long enough to know that the salary cap isn't totally "real".

And you've forgotten that the club's finances is not your business.  If they want to spend their money on the best WR in the league, they should spend it.

Now, I ask you this, are you the sort of fan who wants the "king's ransom" for Rodgers?  And, are you the kind of fan that would complain when the draft picks don't work out?  Or gloat if they do?

Because that is Adams situation.  You don't want to pay him.  You ready to limp into the draft with Lazard, Cobb, Winfree and Rodgers as your WR room?  Apologies to the great Malik Taylor as I forgot about him.

I mean, that is simply the worst WR group in the NFL if it is without Adams.

Adams has us over the barrel and he knows it.  Pay the man, go win games and deal with the cap stuff when it comes due.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

The point:

1. One place to see all news, big and small, of the most active time in the NFL year as far as news. Oftentimes NFL.com, PFT, and any other site has smaller name signings buried. They also don’t have rumors from reliable to somewhat reliable sources.

2. It won’t turn into a discussion on Aaron Rodgers.

3. You don’t have to click on it.

4. This forum argues literally everything. Stop being so negative.

I think you were just reading it negative. I didn't see the suggestion as negative, just saying people will want to talk about said items and ultimately a thread will be made about the items in the no post thread.

• Like 1