Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Bill Huber / SI -  The Green Bay Packers signed defensive tackle Jarran Reed to a one-year deal worth up to $4.5 million, according to a source.

As part of the contract the 29-year-old agreed to on Tuesday, Reed was given a $1.865 million signing bonus and a league-minimum base salary of $1.035 million. Roster and workout bonuses pushed the total to $3.25 million. Playing-time and sack incentives can add to his payday.

To maximize the team’s remaining salary cap, four void years were inserted at the end of the contract. That means a signing bonus proration of just $373,000. That results in a cap charge of $1.758 million.

Along with contracts for tight end Robert Tonyan, which includes roster bonuses of $1.51 million that are tied to the number of games played, and cornerback Rasul Douglas, which included a $5.3 million signing bonus, the Packers have a little more than $15 million of cap space.

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -  The Packers lost 4 players this off season who played at least 70% of snaps last season:

Davante Adams
Lucas Patrick
Chandon Sullivan
Billy Turner

Plus 2 more who would likely have been at/near 70% without long-term injury:
Za'Darius Smith
Marquez Valdes-Scantling

///

Stirring the pot....

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -  The Packers lost 4 players this off season who played at least 70% of snaps last season:

Davante Adams
Lucas Patrick
Chandon Sullivan
Billy Turner

Za'Darius Smith
Marquez Valdes-Scantling

///

Stirring the pot....

nevermind. 

Edited by Old Guy

29 minutes ago, Leader said:

Davante Adams
Lucas Patrick
Chandon Sullivan
Billy Turner

Za'Darius Smith
Marquez Valdes-Scantling

///

Stirring the pot....

Adams ok

Patrick only played 70% because of injuries to actual starters

Sullivan only played 70% because of injuries to actual starters

Turner ok (plus injury concerns / failed physical)

Zadarius was let go precisely because he wasn’t able to play 70% of snaps

MVS ok

I think this is just clickbait as usual, I don’t think this kind of rotation year to year is worse than any other off season.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Leader said:

Davante Adams
Lucas Patrick
Chandon Sullivan

Billy Turner

Za'Darius Smith
Marquez Valdes-Scantling

///

Stirring the pot....

Meh, these two can be easily upgraded. And a hopefully healthy Elgton could replace Billy at RT just fine.

I think Gutey must really like the WRs and EDGE in the draft. lol

4 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

Adams ok

Patrick only played 70% because of injuries to actual starters

Sullivan only played 70% because of injuries to actual starters

Turner ok (plus injury concerns / failed physical)

Zadarius was let go precisely because he wasn’t able to play 70% of snaps

MVS ok

I think this is just clickbait as usual, I don’t think this kind of rotation year to year is worse than any other off season.

Personally, I cant say if this year is worse or better than years previous. Some turnover happens every off season. I didnt view his tweet as having any commentary to it at all and simply considered it from a statistical perspective.  For one reason or another, we're losing guys that put in some serious time last year - how well they did isnt mentioned or considered - nor is why we're letting them move on.

7 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Meh, these two can be easily upgraded. And a hopefully healthy Elgton could replace Billy at RT just fine.

I think Gutey must really like the WRs and EDGE in the draft. lol

I'm not busted up that Sullivan's moving on. He was a completion waiting to happen IMO.

Guy's like Patrick are nice to have around though. Certainly never gonna sniff All Pro honors - but capable depth and fill in's are necessary. Dont know what he's getting paid but I suspect it was a money thing - plus - the expectation that one of the younger guys can rotate up.....as is part of the game.

An odd way to perceive things perhaps, but Turner was a nice regular season RT....who's been exposed more than enough times against stout pressure found in the Playoffs. Time to move on.

• Like 1

Yah everybody we lost are pretty easily replace with the exception of Adams.  Sully was OK in his role.  Not sure if they will replace him in the draft (most likely) or possibly bring back King on the cheap.  Losing Turner kinda sucks but it's not like we are losing an all pro OT either.  Same goes for Patrick. 

Very happy we were able to bring back Douglas, Campbell, Tonyan, and bring in Reed.  Huge...

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Davante Adams
Lucas Patrick
Chandon Sullivan
Billy Turner

Za'Darius Smith
Marquez Valdes-Scantling

///

Stirring the pot....

I didn't get stirring the pot from that at all. I see an accountant itemizing loses and sharing it, it's how accountants minds work.  

8 minutes ago, R T said:

I didn't get stirring the pot from that at all. I see an accountant itemizing loses and sharing it, it's how accountants minds work.  

No, no. Bad word choice on my part. Didnt reflect what I was thinking or intending to say.

Stirring the pot in terms of mixing up the talent pool.

• Like 1