Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Matt Schneidman -   “I’m just kind of short, bald and Italian, and maybe that makes me mad at everybody … I can’t wait to get up in the morning and coach football. That’s just what I’ve done for so long.”

Maybe Rich Bisaccia's fire is just what these lifeless ST units need

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mikebpackfan said:

Classic off-season talk.

Obviously off season chatter, but he was playing dam fine ball until he took that hit on that onside kick. Didn't play terrible after that but was a bit softer. I thought his first have was fantastic, he jumped a number of players and broke up passes. Was in good position on deep balls and just seemed to be everywhere. Not to mention it was his first year in a new system. I can see big things from him.  

Bill Huber -  Aaron Rodgers won't attend the voluntary OTA practices, according to Tom Silverstein. He'll be fine - he won MVP last year after skipping the entire offseason - but it's not going to help the breaking-in process with the Packers' rookie receiver(s).

14 hours ago, PACKRULE said:

Obviously off season chatter, but he was playing dam fine ball until he took that hit on that onside kick. Didn't play terrible after that but was a bit softer. I thought his first have was fantastic, he jumped a number of players and broke up passes. Was in good position on deep balls and just seemed to be everywhere. Not to mention it was his first year in a new system. I can see big things from him.  

He's very inconsistent.  He's flashed, but he has not put it all together yet.  Tools are all there.  Now he needs to get it done.  

Guess I feel like he's gonna be a tease for most of his career.  Maybe blow up in a contract year, then regress.

But, tis the time to be optimistic.  

15 hours ago, Leader said:

Matt Schneidman -   “I’m just kind of short, bald and Italian, and maybe that makes me mad at everybody … I can’t wait to get up in the morning and coach football. That’s just what I’ve done for so long.”

Maybe Rich Bisaccia's fire is just what these lifeless ST units need

I can relate...

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

He's very inconsistent.  He's flashed, but he has not put it all together yet.  Tools are all there.  Now he needs to get it done.  

Guess I feel like he's gonna be a tease for most of his career.  Maybe blow up in a contract year, then regress.

But, tis the time to be optimistic.  

I'm not too optimistic with Savage.  Can he get better? Sure.   I think we have a pretty good idea of who he is as a football player, I just don't expect a big jump.  I think we would have seen the jump by now.  You can get by with Savage, I just don't see the big jump coming.  

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

I'm not too optimistic with Savage.  Can he get better? Sure.   I think we have a pretty good idea of who he is as a football player, I just don't expect a big jump.  I think we would have seen the jump by now.  You can get by with Savage, I just don't see the big jump coming.  

I don't know if he will "get it" or not.  

But at this time of the football season, it is the optimistic season.  That's why the puff pieces come out.  Feel good stuff.

15 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I don't know if he will "get it" or not.  

But at this time of the football season, it is the optimistic season.  That's why the puff pieces come out.  Feel good stuff.

Yep,  just hoping for the best.   I dont think he's a bad player,  we can and have won with him back there.

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

Yep,  just hoping for the best.   I dont think he's a bad player,  we can and have won with him back there.

Will be very interesting to see if the Packers draft another safety within the 1st 4 rounds this year.  They could use another one for depth and depending who is there and how good they think he will be .. could be a fill in or replacement for them.