Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Just now, packfanfb said:

Is this the first time that a rumor on Reddit didn't turn out to be completely BS? Lol. 

Not the *first* time but when you have such sheer quantity that Reddit rumors have, you'll eventually hit the target.

...which basically sums up 80 percent of the NFL Rumors type accounts. Guess on everything and then pin that *one* time you hit.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I had a dream we traded him for 3 1st last night. I've been having some super lucid dreams lately. 

It has about as much chance to be true as my dream the other night about being a superstar baseball pitcher on Mars, though.

If those are the dreams you are having, I wanna party with you sometime!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Striker said:

Not the *first* time but when you have such sheer quantity that Reddit rumors have, you'll eventually hit the target.

...which basically sums up 80 percent of the NFL Rumors type accounts. Guess on everything and then pin that *one* time you hit.

I don’t know but one thing is certain, if he goes somewhere else he’s a washed up bum, if he signs with us he’s the second coming of Jesus Funchess Christ. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I find it curious that Watkins is still available.  Someone on another forum mentioned a rumor about Watkins visiting GB...?

Dude is a tease.  Big time.  He's still only 28 years old.  4 teams in 8 years.  Injury prone.  I feel like he is more than Just A Guy right now based on his name and draft status only.

He's had one 1,000 yard season in his career.

But, he'd be a former first round pick that Rodgers would get to throw to, so we might as well do it and add to the trivia question.

• Like 1

If the Packers are truly interested in Watkins, I'd expect a move after the draft in early May, which is typically the time when FA signings no longer count towards the compensatory pick process. Not sure of the actual date this year, but it's usually pretty soon after the draft. 

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

If the Packers are truly interested in Watkins, I'd expect a move after the draft in early May, which is typically the time when FA signings no longer count towards the compensatory pick process. Not sure of the actual date this year, but it's usually pretty soon after the draft. 

Unless he's signing for less than 3m, which wont hurt our comp formula.

Something like 1.5m base, 1.5m SB, 3-4m in NLTBE bonuses (he had such a crap year last year that you could give him bonus money for even a mediocre WR season like 50 catches and 800 yards and it would be considered NLTBE. 

If the Packers sign Watkins then it's proof that the Packers scouts do not watch any tape or that our WR evaluation process has degraded badly since TT left.

When he first entered the NFL he was getting 15-17 yard per catch. In his last season at Kansas with Mahomes throwing him it dropped to 11 yards per catch. that's slot receiver kind of numbers and for an outside WR. It's terrible.

If we're gonna sign an experienced injury prone wideout then give me Julio Jones. Even at 33 he's quicker and more physical than Watkins.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chili said:

If the Packers sign Watkins then it's proof that the Packers scouts do not watch any tape or that our WR evaluation process has degraded badly since TT left.

When he first entered the NFL he was getting 15-17 yard per catch. In his last season at Kansas with Mahomes throwing him it dropped to 11 yards per catch. that's slot receiver kind of numbers and for an outside WR. It's terrible.

If we're gonna sign an experienced injury prone wideout then give me Julio Jones. Even at 33 he's quicker and more physical than Watkins.

Correct, our front office people have decided to stop watching tape. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Chili said:

Jfc you get annoying

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Correct, our front office people have decided to stop watching tape. 

They just Google the most obscure facts about their families and where they've lived

Edited by Norm

20 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The most recent one I've seen is that r/Whitecloaks got nuked for being critical of Amazon Prime's Wheel of Time TV show.

Everyone should be critical of Amazon Prime's Wheel of Time TV show. It's a crap adaptation of the story.

Edited by Mazrimiv