Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'm with you regards wanting to hit this draft for some of the top (Rounds 1, 2 or 1, 3 <if that Cindy kid is still hanging round> - this time around. We've ignored the posiiton for long enough IMO and frankly I like the idea of having some young, top talent running around / catching passes and producing for us - for the next 4-5 years!

I'm not a very smart man but I'm still lost as to why anyone thinks Pierce is going to be there for us in R3. 

12 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Not to throw rain on everyone's parade.  

https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/sammy-watkins/6937

He has a 95% probability of getting injured in 2022.  His injury list is long.

Dunno looking at this would have scared me off.  

He’s garbage and has been garbage his entire career. Big time draft bust as well. Dude was the 4th overall pick of the 2014 draft! 😂  

1 minute ago, Leader said:

You draft as if Watkins was never signed - which he hasnt officially has he?
Word is he's a one year deal. Lazard's UFA after this season.

You draft this time around for the long haul - and by saying that, I dont mean projects or developmental types.

Fill the room

Absolutely.  Yah it's a done deal.  He's a Packer.  Might provide us with some cover during the draft.  Won't affect our draft strategy other than Gute will be less likely to reach.  About it.  We will still be taking multiple receivers and at least 1 in the top 53.  He may also add a TE in this draft as well.  So thinking at least 3 new guys possibly 4 if he takes a late round flier.

Just now, vegas492 said:

Incorrect.  The correct answer is Watson.  :)

In all seriousness, though, how about Williams? 

Yah know with this signing makes it more likely he could be in play.  Buys us some time while he recovers.  Could see us taking him at #22 if he lasts that long.