Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Higher use Cordarrelle Patterson, not worth that much.

Deebo? He was producing on par with Kupp through week 8, guy is a legit WR. Your thoughts above are exactly why he wants out of SF, the world knows him as a gadget player and not a WR because of how SF used him.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Hope we don't explore this.  Deebo wants top dollar, we want someone to take the top off the defense, this is NOT our guy.  He's not a top WR, he's a gadget guy.  Yes, he is good. He is NOT what this offense needs.  He is a media darling and not worth $25-30M a year. 

On GMFB today they reported that Deebo doesn't like the way SF uses him, wears him down.  Please run from this Gute.

Not saying you are wrong at all.

Am saying...with Jones and Dillon, Deebo wouldn't be a RB here.  Screens?  Stand up passes?  Quick slants?  Sure.  But lining up in the backfield?  Not something we need to do with him in this offense given our RB room.

If they were to add Deebo, he's a piece.  We do still need that vertical threat as you mentioned.  

(Not advocating for it, just pointing out his usage would be different and that he would only be one piece of the puzzle.)

17 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Deebo? He was producing on par with Kupp through week 8, guy is a legit WR. Your thoughts above are exactly why he wants out of SF, the world knows him as a gadget player and not a WR because of how SF used him.

No kidding.  Guy had 54 rec 979 yds 5 TD in the 1st 9 gms before they started using him more as a RB and "gadget guy."  Had receiving games of 189, 100, 171, 156 in that time.   Got a lot of run late as the rest of SF's RB's became broken and Brandon Aiyuk emerged from Shanahan's doghouse.

33 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Higher use Cordarrelle Patterson, not worth that much.

Deebo had over 1400 yds receiving last year alone.  That's approx 200 less than Patterson has had over the entirety of his 9 yr career.    The two aren't really comparable.

Edit: not advocating we trade for him.  Just don't want to try to minimize the player that Deebo is.

Side note:  I am LOVING the thought of this Deebo drama playing out throughout the NFL draft though.   Now those rumors of Bosa wanting out too need to begin....Stoke the flames Gutey, stoke the media flames

Edited by Kampfgeist
  • Like 2

Can forget about Deebo being an option in GB.  Not going to happen.  SF would want a bloody fortune in a trade.  Deebo would want a record setting contract.  Lastly highly doubt SF would entertain trading him to GB either.  It's a non starter all the way around.  

1 hour ago, Kampfgeist said:

Deebo had over 1400 yds receiving last year alone.  That's approx 200 less than Patterson has had over the entirety of his 9 yr career.    The two aren't really comparable.

Edit: not advocating we trade for him.  Just don't want to try to minimize the player that Deebo is.

Side note:  I am LOVING the thought of this Deebo drama playing out throughout the NFL draft though.   Now those rumors of Bosa wanting out too need to begin....Stoke the flames Gutey, stoke the media flames

Turnabout is fair play. SF sure didn’t mind throwing a few logs on the fire with last year’s drama. 

I think Deebo does make sense from a certain point of view. If we use him as a traditional WR then he would be happy, and he'd probably rack up about 1600 yards if he stays healthy. I think the rumors he doesn't necessarily want a new contract now could have some credence too - some players want to bet on themselves, especially if he's not used like a RB.

I'd only be interested in getting him if we extend Jaire.  That frees up the tag for Deebo next year so we can trade him for an even bigger pick haul than it took to get him.

I see him being valued at around the 28th pick in the draft right now and would be willing to give that up so we can improve our SB odds now. Next year on the tag he could be worth a mid-first and third if he stays healthy and is used as a WR.

1 minute ago, Sandy said:

I think Deebo does make sense from a certain point of view. If we use him as a traditional WR then he would be happy, and he'd probably rack up about 1600 yards if he stays healthy. I think the rumors he doesn't necessarily want a new contract now could have some credence too - some players want to bet on themselves, especially if he's not used like a RB.

I'd only be interested in getting him if we extend Jaire.  That frees up the tag for Deebo next year so we can trade him for an even bigger pick haul than it took to get him.

I see him being valued at around the 28th pick in the draft right now and would be willing to give that up so we can improve our SB odds now. Next year on the tag he could be worth a mid-first and third if he stays healthy and is used as a WR.

That Adams trade has ruined some of ya'll for the rest of you life's.

When they say it isn't about the money, it's about the money. If Deebo is traded anywhere there will be a new contract along with deal. There is no free lunch at the expense of the 49er's here.  

8 minutes ago, R T said:

That Adams trade has ruined some of ya'll for the rest of you life's.

When they say it isn't about the money, it's about the money. If Deebo is traded anywhere there will be a new contract along with deal. There is no free lunch at the expense of the 49er's here.  

Au contraire, if Deebo (or his agent) was smart he'd recognize that he could make a lot more money if he goes to the right situation for a season.

Right now he'd have to sign for something like 3 for 60. Maybe a 4th season at an absurd rate he'd never see just to stroke his ego for AAV.

With the cap going up he's a year away from a legitimate 4 for 120 if he has a huge receiving season. 

So does he want the bird in the nest, or the two in the bush? Not saying yes or no to either, just speculating. Not everything is always cut and dry, young one.

For the record I have no expectation he comes to GB. Seems like the Jets would offer pick 10 and a 4th for him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Au contraire, if Deebo (or his agent) was smart he'd recognize that he could make a lot more money if he goes to the right situation for a season.

Right now he'd have to sign for something like 3 for 60. Maybe a 4th season at an absurd rate he'd never see just to stroke his ego for AAV.

With the cap going up he's a year away from a legitimate 4 for 120 if he has a huge receiving season. 

So does he want the bird in the nest, or the two in the bush? Not saying yes or no to either, just speculating. Not everything is always cut and dry, young one.

For the record I have no expectation he comes to GB. Seems like the Jets would offer pick 10 and a 4th for him.

The Jets wouldn't offer a 1st for Hill, they aren't trading pick 10 AND a 4th for Deebo. Stop drinking your bathwater young one. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kampfgeist said:

No kidding.  Guy had 54 rec 979 yds 5 TD in the 1st 9 gms before they started using him more as a RB and "gadget guy."  Had receiving games of 189, 100, 171, 156 in that time.   Got a lot of run late as the rest of SF's RB's became broken and Brandon Aiyuk emerged from Shanahan's doghouse.

I remember last year when Aiyuk was in that doghouse and rumored to be on the trading block.  Couple guys here said no way, not worth, not good enough.....etc.

Then he got opportunities.  Yah, good times.

2 hours ago, Kampfgeist said:

I'm hearing Deebo and Kittle for JA and Tonyan.  I have my sauces.....  Now go spread it around.