Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

29 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

They're selling him because he's a pain in the *** for their locker room. Why would a championship contender want to add him to theirs?

He's 23 years old, he's not changing anytime soon. Southern kid, big into rapping, GB isn't his scene. Use the late round pick to improve the ST rather than add a headache. 

If we're looking to throw picks out there to get a talented kid with YAC ability I'm calling the Jags to buy Shenault, if I'm trying to buy low on a 1st round WR, I'm calling the Pats to buy Harry. Leave Toney to some other team.

I don't know.  Maybe they would do it because he is very talented?  More talented than any other late 4'th round prospect in this draft?

We are the team who traded a first for a dude named Brett Favre who was a second round pick and on the verge of immaturing himself out of the NFL after a year.

Futhermore, if we are this so called championship level team, maybe we have leadership in place that can mentor him?

And...I'd be in on Shenault or Harry, too.

I don't sit the fence on Toney.  I have a value in mind for him as a flier.  But nothing more.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

A 30 year old example is your best counter-argument? Seems like my logic is sound then.

Also, Favre was a 2nd round pick.

No your logic isn't sound, at all.

Guys "mature" all the time.  Some become Brett Favre, some become Colt Lyerla.  Two guys we took chances on.  Johnny Jolly as another.

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

A 30 year old example is your best counter-argument? Seems like my logic is sound then.

Also, Favre was a 2nd round pick.

I also added he was a southern kid and pick 33 ( too slow). Should also mention that Ron traded  a 1st for Favre which is a lot more and a lot more to risk than someone like tooney would get.

Pick 33, a few into the 2nd round. Big deal.

Bottom line is there is no " never do this, never do that". I am not saying Im pro Tooney, but you can't always be risk adverse .

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Guys "mature" all the time.  Some become Brett Favre, some become Colt Lyerla.  Two guys we took chances on.  Johnny Jolly as another.

Agreed. what could have been if TT (RIP) woudl have been more agggresive for trouble maker Randy Moss.

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Ya but do warm weather-rap music loving players change? Rodgers, Favre. Davante, James Jones, M. Lewis, etc sure never got over their warm weather roots and sure weren't trading rap music in for Polka.

Edited by Arthur Penske

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Ya but do warm weather-rap music loving players change? Rodgers and Favre sure never got over their warm weather roots.

I don't know Toney, neither does Ray, or anyone else.

I'm for him on a low comp pick, just because his tape was first round stuff.  Kid is electric.  I think that if a team were to roll the dice on a trade, they would have to re-look at their evals of him coming out.  Interviews, stuff like that.  It is all hearsay right now.

As an athlete, he's 6 feet tall, 183 pounds.  4.38 40, 6.88 3 cone and a 39.5 vertical.  Looks more like a slot to me, due to size, but he's got some juice in him.

But maybe that is just the crazy juice.  He doesn't look like a GB kind of kid, but talent is there.

8 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Ya but do warm weather-rap music loving players change? Rodgers, Favre. Davante, James Jones, M. Lewis, etc sure never got over their warm weather roots and sure weren't trading rap music in for Polka.

These players loved football. They can't even get Toney to learn the playbook or show up for mini camp.

Critical thinking people, let's start using it today.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

These players loved football. They can't even get Toney to learn the playbook or show up for mini camp.

Wrong cleats at practice, not showing up for meetings...it's not clear how much of it was true and how much was just made up by the media to pile on him, but when there's this much smoke you wanna stay far away from that fire.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Wrong cleats at practice, not showing up for meetings...it's not clear how much of it was true and how much was just made up by the media to pile on him, but when there's this much smoke you wanna stay far away from that fire.

He's gives off Antonio Brown vibes....but with less than half the talent.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Cirtital thinking is saying people you don't know won't play football in a certian city because they listen to rap music and are from the south?

4 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Cirtital thinking is saying people you don't know won't play football in a certian city because they listen to rap music and are from the south?

Thinking his sarcasm may have slipped by you on that one.