Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

30 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Do you know anything about Toney? You're wasting both our time here. Toney is not a GB player.

Honestly GB might be the best place for him. I wouldn't trade anything above a 4th round pick but get rid of the distractions of big cities you may get the most out of him in a place like GB. He may burn out and be a distraction but frankly he is worth the risk for a low round pick I assume though the Giants want something at least somewhat significant and a 4th rounder probably doesn't do it for them.

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

If his interviews when drafted where like that Tweet, the NFL is going to stand for "Not For Long".

I'll trust our team to evaluate him as the person and as a fit in GB.  Because talent wise, you cannot argue against him for us.

There's "head case" red flags all over this guy.....and the draft is deep at WR.
GB's not making a move for this guy.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Aaron Nagler -  Gutekunst says they won't be making decisions on 5th year options on Gary or Savage until after the draft.

Hmm, could actually read something into that. Not saying it means anything about the players that might be drafted, but is something to ponder. 

3 minutes ago, R T said:

Hmm, could actually read something into that. Not saying it means anything about the players that might be drafted, but is something to ponder. 

I'm pretty confident they want Gary to stick around long term.....but word is out (and probably correct) that they want to use some top pick to provide backup to the position.

They'd probably like Savage to play well enough to earn an extension....but word is out (and probably correct) that they want to nab some talent at the S position as well - and by that I mean - a relatively high draft pick kinda talent.

And then of course....there's Pickens :)

Peter Bukowski -  Gutekunst mentions the depth of "the big guys" in this class as something that stands out. Traditionally, Ted Thompson was patient in classes where there was depth. But in 2018 in a really good CB class, Gutekunst was aggressive and took two.

Darren Waller in play for GB per twitter

When Packers/Raiders were working out details on Adams trade, GB wanted Waller and Raiders said OK. But it turns out they can't have another player as part of a trade with Davante because he ws a franchised player and hadn't signed his tender yet. So the league nixed the trade and GB got 2 picks instead. Now they're trying to consummate it on draft day

Edited by Shanedorf

2 hours ago, R T said:

Bit of a clever move by Gute to make sure Savages feelings don't get hurt if we walk away without a safety in the first two days and offer him the 5th year a week after Gary. Important to make sure we maintain as much locker room chemistry as possible going into a potential SB year.

I think if we get any of the top 5 safeties, then no option will be offered to Savage, but we can't go into next offseason with neither starting safety under contract.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Waller, Tonyan, Lewis, Deguara would be nice. Very nice. 

Would be ideal although will AR throw it to him up the seam. I'm surprised the Raiders wouldn't want him for this year him and Adams will be a formidable set of weapons.