Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

25 minutes ago, Leader said:

Interesting. I didnt realize his age.

Probably because he was in rehab/buried on Baltimore and not playing, So he dosent feel like he’s been around that long

He does have 2 years left on this deal with no more guaranteed money though. I didn’t realize that. 

17 minutes ago, R T said:

Maybe it is me still having a hangover from the Jimmy Graham contract, but I hope there is no deal if he wants a new contract. 

I don't think there's any damn truth to it, even after I first heard it.

Let's say it is real, sure took long enough to get out....

I do like Waller but he's not young either, needs a deal, why the hell would they want to get rid of him, etc. 

38 minutes ago, Norm said:

I don't think there's any damn truth to it, even after I first heard it.

Let's say it is real, sure took long enough to get out....

I do like Waller but he's not young either, needs a deal, why the hell would they want to get rid of him, etc. 

Ha !
You wrote the exact same post a few years back:   "why would the Raiders trade Khalil Mack...?"

12 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Ha !
You wrote the exact same post a few years back:   "why would the Raiders trade Khalil Mack...?"

I have no idea if I actually did this. But I'm guessing you truly remember so I must have. Someone is watching me closely!

Either way, it doesn't make a ton of sense unless he really wants to get paid like, now, and they don't want you do it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, R T said:

Maybe it is me still having a hangover from the Jimmy Graham contract, but I hope there is no deal if he wants a new contract. 

He’s been severely underpaid, he will definitely want a new contract. The Raiders took a chance on him as he was going through rehab and he paid them back with multiple high level seasons for a song. They should be willing to pay a guy who’s been keeping Carr relevant, even with Tae in the fold now. 

18 minutes ago, Norm said:

I have no idea if I actually did this. But I'm guessing you truly remember so I must have.

page 1, something about you getting Gute's face tattooed on your arse if he pulled off the trade

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/11627-bears-could-be-interested-in-trading-too-much-for-khalil-mack/

Just now, Shanedorf said:

page 1, something about you getting Gute's face tattooed on your arse if he pulled off the trade

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/11627-bears-could-be-interested-in-trading-too-much-for-khalil-mack/

I was going to say, I absolutely wasn't against the idea of trading for him, at least that's how I recall. 

Probably thought they'd never trade him, and thought there's no way we'd be the one to pony up

57 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

This guy has some credibility:

I’m sure it’s real… the question is how much is GB truly interested in getting him and how willing are the Raiders to trade.

They just threw money at Carr and Adams… the cap isn’t real until it is. They also gave up high picks for Adams… those picks were cost controlled assets. You can’t pay everyone. You have to make some business decisions.

The bigger question is why is this coming out now? Is it for the betterment of GB or the Raiders?

Edited by Green19

50 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I’m sure it’s real… the question is how much is GB truly interested in getting him and how willing are the Raiders to trade.

They just threw money at Carr and Adams… the cap isn’t real until it is. They also gave up high picks for Adams… those picks were cost controlled assets. You can’t pay everyone. You have to make some business decisions.

The bigger question is why is this coming out now? Is it for the betterment of GB or the Raiders?

Or the betterment of Waller, who might have seen that the talks stalled and his agent wants new money.

Do it in a heart beat. Would significantly improve our offence. If he was healthy he would have got 1,000 yard season last year. A premium TE that can get you that lelvel of production is waaay cheaper than a WR who gets the same kind of yards. Give him a two or three year extension at $14m per year, well worth it. Jared Cook is 34 and put up almsot 600 yards last season.

• Like 1