Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I was originally on PackerChatters as well, but stopped visiting for quite a while because the place just flat out sucked ***.  Went back out of curiosity after being gone several years and it was in and out of being shut down.  Saw someone on there mention this place and have been here since.  Good riddance to that **** hole.

Same. It got super political and then the owner cried in his coffee and threatened to shut it down every other day.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

I wonder if the decision on Savage was influenced at all by who the Packers drafted in Round 1. 

Possibly. The closest to Savage athletic profile in round one was Cine and he was taken by the Vikes at the very end of the first round.

There are others such as Kerby Josephs, JT Woods, Tycen Anderson, Markquese Bell and Nazeeh Johnson who fit that athletic profile but I know nothing about those guys.

This is a fricking great article on the communication between Rodgers and the Packers front office. It seems like they are very much on the same page and Rodgers is talking like a leader should talk. Really looking forward to this season with the best defense in the NFL. 

Also, I took from the article Rodgers is playing more than this year based on his speaking of the conversation with Adams prior to him getting traded. 

Aaron Rodgers says Green Bay Packers trading Davante Adams 'surprised' him (espn.com)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Also, I took from the article Rodgers is playing more than this year based on his speaking of the conversation with Adams prior to him getting traded.

Gutekunst said he won't force a receiver pick on Friday when he has two second-round picks (Nos. 53 and 59) and a third-rounder (92).

"I don't think we have to," he said. "I think there's some really good receivers left in this draft and we'll kind of see how it plays out. We have nine picks left, so we've got a lot of ammunition. Whether we stick and pick or move around, we'll kind of see how that goes."

Rodgers also said he felt like the Packers were "in the mix" for some of the receivers on the trade market this offseason but admitted there are complexities to adding a receiver in that manner.

"There's not a lot of teams that probably want to trade receivers to Green Bay, so I think we're probably at the back of the line for a lot of these teams," he said. "But at the same time, I think if you're not going to pay Davante -- obviously, we traded him, he wanted to move on -- but going out and paying another guy, I don't know if that makes a ton of sense ... I feel like we've been in the mix but does San Francisco really want to trade Deebo Samuel to us?

"I'm sure Packer nation will be wondering why we didn't take a receiver or trade up but at this point, you've just got to have some faith in the organization and faith that whoever we bring in tomorrow and the rest of this draft, I'm going to put in the time to make it work with those guys and we're going to find a way in Matt's offense to be successful -- like we always have.

"It's not going to be any different this year -- we're going to be in the mix."

I discovered something yesterday I did not know. The 7th round pick the Packers used to draft Donald Driver came from the Bears. The Packers had acquired Glyn Milburn from the Broncos in April of 1998. In August of 1998 they traded Milburn to the Bears for a 1999 7th round pick. Packers selected Donald Driver with that pick. This makes me very happy. Never know what those minor deals will lead to.

• Like 1