Leader

9 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

16 of this is going to rodgers, right? or is he already accounted for

He hasn't accounted the $8.69m hit we take for trading him

Edit: nor the $870k hit for the replacement player on the roster

Edited by Sandy
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Am I the only one who wouldn't be surprised if the Packers were to sign Randall Cobb? 

I've thought that for a while, a veteran who is a good locker room guy and won't make waves because he isn't playing much. Like having another coach in the room. 

Edited by R T

12 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'd say no chance, but if the Packers come up empty in the draft then maybe they will have to bring him back.

It's almost a given they're going to bring in a veteran receiver. Why not maybe one who knows the offense?

3 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

It's almost a given they're going to bring in a veteran receiver. Why not maybe one who knows the offense?

The why has been answered. The why not would be because Gutes was forced to trade for him and MLF was forced to have him on the team, now they don't want to see his face ever again regardless of how cheap he would be. 

• Like 1

For those that like to freakout about everything, here is a thought to ponder. 

When the Packers traded Adams to the Raiders it was reported that Gutes chose to take the 1st and 2nd last year rather than a 1st in 2022 and the future 1st in 2023. How good would it be to have the 7th overall pick this year rather than having Christian Watson already in the house. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, R T said:

For those that like to freakout about everything, here is a thought to ponder. 

When the Packers traded Adams to the Raiders it was reported that Gutes chose to take the 1st and 2nd last year rather than a 1st in 2022 and the future 1st in 2023. How good would it be to have the 7th overall pick this year rather than having Christian Watson already in the house. 

That is an interesting point I had not considered.

But I think it supports my personal theory that 2022 was Gute's last attempt at an all in season for Rodgers. They wanted every last pick to give it one last run for Number 12, and Gute was willing to trade most of the trade compensation they could have gotten for one last run in 2022. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

But I think it supports my personal theory that 2022 was Gute's last attempt at an all in season for Rodgers. They wanted every last pick to give it one last run for Number 12, and Gute was willing to trade most of the trade compensation they could have gotten for one last run in 2022. 

Also assumes no impact from the 2rp that the raiders would have made. 

Lost to 49ers by 3, steelers by 3, rams by 1, colts by 5, jags by 7, chiefs by 1, titans by 2, cardinals by 6

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pgwingman said:

What Watson ultimately becomes will define the decision, but I agree with you that it was made will the all-in mindset in play and I'm very good with it. 

• Like 1

Just now, R T said:

What Watson ultimately becomes will define the decision, but I agree with you that it was made will the all-in mindset in play and I'm very good with it. 

I would take watson (with what we now know about him) over every receiver in this class by a wide margin

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HokieHigh said:

Also assumes no impact from the 2rp that the raiders would have made. 

Lost to 49ers by 3, steelers by 3, rams by 1, colts by 5, jags by 7, chiefs by 1, titans by 2, cardinals by 6

Using WAR as an argument is a real reach here IMO.