Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, R T said:

What Watson ultimately becomes will define the decision, but I agree with you that it was made will the all-in mindset in play and I'm very good with it. 

yeah I think most of the forum believes that Gute is an idiot for not trading rodgers after the 2021 season for a fortune, but I agree with you. I have no issue with the all in mindset, even though it didn't work out in 2022.

4 minutes ago, R T said:

Using WAR as an argument is a real reach here IMO. 

Its not an argument, its just stating the assumption that we would have pick 7 is predicated on the second round pick having zero impact.

They had 9 games within 1 score. 

With 6 teams at 7-11, one more win could have dropped that pick to 13. Its still basically the same fantasy conversation between 7 and 13. 

18 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Am I the only one who wouldn't be surprised if the Packers were to sign Randall Cobb? 

I am for it.  Cobb likes Green Bay.  He is an experienced vet, and as far as I know hasn't even gotten a parking ticket.  He is also still able to have a couple of games where he gets 80 yards and a TD if defenses slack off. I think that the majority of the production is coming from Watson and Doubs this season.  But a guy like Cobb can also help to not let them get too high or too low during ups and downs of the season.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I am for it.  Cobb likes Green Bay.  He is an experienced vet, and as far as I know hasn't even gotten a parking ticket.  He is also still able to have a couple of games where he gets 80 yards and a TD if defenses slack off. I think that the majority of the production is coming from Watson and Doubs this season.  But a guy like Cobb can also help to not let them get too high or too low during ups and downs of the season.  

Not me. Cobb just taking snaps from guys who can actually create seperation. It may be better in september, but by dec or 2024 we want the young guys to know wtf they r doing

18 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Not me. Cobb just taking snaps from guys who can actually create seperation. It may be better in september, but by dec or 2024 we want the young guys to know wtf they r doing

I believe the argument is that if Cobb returns the young guys will actually know what they're doing by December. 

8 minutes ago, Sandy said:

I believe the argument is that if Cobb returns the young guys will actually know what they're doing by December. 

Nonsense. They need reps and their own tape. There is nothing they can learn from cobb that a coach cant teach them. 

Even MLF was recently talking about how doubs needs reps

Cobb would seem to be more useful as a veteran presence if Rodgers were still the QB vs Love?   He's able to help coach the adjustments Rodgers demands, the hand signals, bridge the relationship/knowledge gap between what Rodgers demands of the WR's and what they are able to do, massage egos.    I'm not sure he has the same value when transitioning to a new QB that maybe won't be so particular or demanding of the young dudes?

26 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Nonsense. They need reps and their own tape. There is nothing they can learn from cobb that a coach cant teach them. 

Even MLF was recently talking about how doubs needs reps

It's okay that you have no idea what you're talking about.

3 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

Cobb would seem to be more useful as a veteran presence if Rodgers were still the QB vs Love?   He's able to help coach the adjustments Rodgers demands, the hand signals, bridge the relationship/knowledge gap between what Rodgers demands of the WR's and what they are able to do, massage egos.    I'm not sure he has the same value when transitioning to a new QB that maybe won't be so particular or demanding of the young dudes?

I think it depends on what you want from a veteran WR.  I am in favor of Cobb because I feel like he can be the older brother in the locker room type of guy.  Show them how to be a pro, when you can goof off, when to be serious, that kind of stuff.  How to recover from an injury.  Show them what injured vs hurt really is.  Stuff they can get from a coach, but is coming from someone going through the same things that they are.  And he is going to pitch in with 30 catches for 400 yards and a couple of TDs.  He is a WR 4 at this point in his career, and if someone can take those snaps away from him, great.  

• Like 1