Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

33 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Don't get me wrong, I hope I'm absolutely wrong on this one.

Hard for me to give up on a 22-year-old 2nd year player who was drafted in the 3rd round. Watched hm play at UCLA and he looked pretty good. I think he's a tackle, but may not be athletic enough to play T in the NFL. 

8 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Hard for me to give up on a 22-year-old 2nd year player who was drafted in the 3rd round. Watched hm play at UCLA and he looked pretty good. I think he's a tackle, but may not be athletic enough to play T in the NFL. 

I'm not saying we're giving up on him, but we need to see substantial improvement this year.  I'd expect the Packers to spend at least 1 (if not 2) picks in IOL in this year's draft.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not saying we're giving up on him, but we need to see substantial improvement this year.  I'd expect the Packers to spend at least 1 (if not 2) picks in IOL in this year's draft.

I'm good with spending a couple of picks on the offensive line, just not in the first two rounds. 

Just now, CWood21 said:

I wouldn't hate the idea of them taking an OT at 15.

Given our situation at the position, I was thinking this possible as well. I just dont know the positional depth in the draft i.e. can they wait and snag somebody later they can plug in for the next 10 years. 

6 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Big dude.  Reminded me of Sitton when they drafted him.  Really had high hopes he would win RG and never look back.  Major disappointment.  Dunno when a guy flames out that bad in his rookie season it's generally not good.  Not good at all.  Don't want to give up on him either but man he was a no show.  It seldom works out.  He's got one more training camp at this point give him 20% odds of becoming a starter. 

Edited by Scoremore

10 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I wouldn't hate the idea of them taking an OT at 15.

If Jalen Carter doesn't drop, I'm going to pretty much hate the pick at 15. Not because of position or the player.  This is a trade down draft if ever there was one. So many players of similar talents going to be available late 1 to mid 2 that you take at 15. I want to trade down and get more shots. 

I have no belief that Jalen Carter is going to drop to us at 13 or 15 for the record. 

11 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

If Jalen Carter doesn't drop, I'm going to pretty much hate the pick at 15. Not because of position or the player.  This is a trade down draft if ever there was one. So many players of similar talents going to be available late 1 to mid 2 that you take at 15. I want to trade down and get more shots. 

I have no belief that Jalen Carter is going to drop to us at 13 or 15 for the record. 

Problem is there aren't always teams willing to pay to move up.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Problem is there aren't always teams willing to pay to move up.

Fair point. I'd say there are always teams looking to trade up, but are they willing to pay the going rate to do so? Maybe not. 

Edited by Old Guy

7 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Fair point. I'd say there are always teams looking to trade up, but are they willing to pay the going rate to do so? Maybe not. 

If there is only 1 team willing to move up, maybe taking a touch below 100% value would be needed.

25 minutes ago, squire12 said:

If there is only 1 team willing to move up, maybe taking a touch below 100% value would be needed.

I want more than 3 shots in rounds 2 - mid 3rd this year. Love to get another 2nd and 3rd. Would prefer two more seconds if we could manage that. 

IF it means slightly less value then so be it. Two guys in the 2nd will be far more valuable than the guy you could get at 15 in this draft. Just my opinion of course. 

40 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I want more than 3 shots in rounds 2 - mid 3rd this year. Love to get another 2nd and 3rd. Would prefer two more seconds if we could manage that. 

IF it means slightly less value then so be it. Two guys in the 2nd will be far more valuable than the guy you could get at 15 in this draft. Just my opinion of course. 

Fully agree.  Trading down to 22-26 range could return a 2nd