Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Lot of fake money in there. No way he takes that, great if he did. Essentially 99/4 in actual cash. I mean Danny Dimes just got 112.5/3 in actual cash. I'm betting on myself if I'm Love there. 

16 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

This looks like a good way to burn a bridge with Jordan Love

$30mil guaranteed.

$31mil in cash year 1

$5.5mil in cash for years 2, 3 and 4...

*Edit, missed the 2025 OB.

$50 mil cash in year 2, so $80mil in cash first two years and then $10mil in cash total the next two is still hard to swallow I bet.

Edited by incognito_man

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Lot of fake money in there. No way he takes that, great if he did. Essentially 99/4 in actual cash. I mean Danny Dimes just got 112.5/3 in actual cash. I'm betting on myself if I'm Love there. 

Jordan Love's value is only going to go up from here.  This is a deal I'd offer him today without any real evidence he's our long-term starting QB.  Should he hold out for more money?  Probably.  But I don't think it's crazy off.  You bump that option bonus to $80M and decrease his 2028-2030 base salaries by $10M each, and he's effectively getting 4 years, $128M.  You don't get Jordan Love as cheap for the 2025-2027 season, but still well below market value.

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This looks like a good way to burn a bridge with Jordan Love

$30mil guaranteed.

$31mil in cash year 1

$5.5mil in cash for years 2, 3 and 4...

He's set to earn ~$20M in the 5th year, so he gets about a $10M paybump on that.  The Packers get protection in case he flames out, so they can get out after 1 year and they're on the hook $24M in dead cap with a $21.5M cap hit if he's retained.  Y2 cash is actually $55.5M since he's got that option bonus that is there.  Y3 and Y4 cash are $5.5M.  Average cash flow over the 4 years is $24.4M/year.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Jordan Love's value is only going to go up from here.  This is a deal I'd offer him today without any real evidence he's our long-term starting QB.  Should he hold out for more money?  Probably.  But I don't think it's crazy off.  You bump that option bonus to $80M and decrease his 2028-2030 base salaries by $10M each, and he's effectively getting 4 years, $128M.  You don't get Jordan Love as cheap for the 2025-2027 season, but still well below market value.

Looking at in from Love side.

If GB exercises the 5th year option, it's $20M guaranteed.  If Love plays well, the franchise tag ( non exclusive) is around  $35M.

Why would he sign for $31M in guaranteed?

I get the option bonus piece,  but if that is 2025, when is the trigger for that

On 3/30/2023 at 10:47 AM, Packerraymond said:

Packerraymond's ***Top Packers Cap Expert Extraordinaire; Even Better Than Russ Ball and Jesus Combined*** Additional Comments:

Cut Bakh, cut Jones, restructures to Clark, Alexander, Jenkins, long-term deal to Jordan Love and the Packers will sit at 57m under the cap in 2024.

Thanks.  Kinda easy, I guess.  If you cut Bakh and Jones, of course, that kind of leaves you in a tough spot hoping to actually have an anti-awful offense. 

Last year, the Packers offense arguably had only 5 (if that) players that were above average:  Bakhti, Jenkins, Jones, Watson, and perhaps Rodgers.  Rodgers is soon gone.  So *if* you did cut Bakh and Jones, then Jenkins and Watson are the only currently good offensive guys on the roster.  

Obviously some of the $57 could be used to re-do and extend Bakhti and/or Jones.  

But obviously if the team is going to hypothetically become good, some existing guys are going to need to emerge as good players.  Love?  Tom?  Myers?  Doubs?  Dillon?  And Gute is going to need to click on some draft picks, this year and next.  

I hyped Walker up a bit about a month or so ago when there was discussion about roster predictions. Don't sleep on Rasheed getting a real shot at being the No. 3-4 OT this year and being a potential future starter at RT depending on what happens with Bak and Tom. He was pretty much a consensus 3rd-4th round pick last year in media mocks and then fell to us in the 7th, likely because of some character issues (he likes to hump dudes on the field) and being injured. He also basically missed the entire off-season last year, but then played in the last preseason game against KC and played well (one of our top PFF scores). Dude has a lot of talent and was damn good at Penn St. against solid competition every Saturday.  

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I hyped Walker up a bit about a month or so ago when there was discussion about roster predictions. Don't sleep on Rasheed getting a real shot at being the No. 3-4 OT this year and being a potential future starter at RT depending on what happens with Bak and Tom. He was pretty much a consensus 3rd-4th round pick last year in media mocks and then fell to us in the 7th, likely because of some character issues (he likes to hump dudes on the field) and being injured. He also basically missed the entire off-season last year, but then played in the last preseason game against KC and played well (one of our top PFF scores). Dude has a lot of talent and was damn good at Penn St. against solid competition every Saturday.  

I have hope for him.  Not over the top hype.  But I think he has the frame and the feet to play in the league.

Now....I think he could be excellent for us, because of the humping.  On that play, he was alpha and let the beta know it.

I'm not so sure that isn't a bad thing to have as a starting tackle.  The mentality...not the physical act of humping.  

We could use some guys who are good and who want to let the other team know it.  ...but without actually humping them.  And yah know?  Just typing the word humping makes me giggle.  

30 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I thought that Walker's greatest weakness is technique. He has movement skills/agility and he has power and size.

30 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Yah that was a good pick.  Tons of upside.  Caleb Jones too.  Big mulling monster.  We do have some nice prospects to work with.  If anything we could use an upgrade at G/C.  Is Rhyan just a bust or what?  Man that was the most disappointing pick last year.