Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

We're sitting at $30+ in cap SPACE before factoring in this year's class and next year's. 

I can't see two rookie classes accounting for $36mil in cap.

I just broke it down for you, this year class will count about 10m on the cap, that's down to 20m, and then the other factors will take about 15m away. Ken is about 10m off on his calculations.

We should be about 5m under before touching any deals.

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

I'm torn on exercising the 5th year option on Love.

I believe his 5th year would be around d $20M.  That gives GB 2 years to see what Love can do as a starter and time to progress.  If he looks good, $20M is a cheap starter with a couple franchise tags in your back pocket

Downside is if Love doesn't look good, $20M is locked in and limits ability to add players.

I can see both sides for sure.  As of now I lean using the 5th year option.

Sounds like what the Giants went through with Jones.  Only they had a lot more NFL game film on Jones than we will have with Love.

5 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Sounds like what the Giants went through with Jones.  Only they had a lot more NFL game film on Jones than we will have with Love.

Similar.  NYG also had another player in Barkley they wanted to keep up as a FA.  GB might have that with Gary

23 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Because it provides a direct link to the tweet instead of having to try and go find it.

But....I'm not posting the tweet (or person) in order to bump their numbers or activity. It's just a thought or comment that I found interesting or relevant to some discussion taking place.

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

But....I'm not posting the tweet (or person) in order to bump their numbers or activity. It's just a thought or comment that I found interesting or relevant to some discussion taking place.

It also gives ppl the ability to click on it if we want to see any threaded additional tweets and/or replies if we want to see more.  Plus it’s nicer visually lol. 

37 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

It also gives ppl the ability to click on it if we want to see any threaded additional tweets and/or replies if we want to see more.  Plus it’s nicer visually lol. 

Well...I stand by my comment that it's the message that matters. The only reason I've switched gears a bit recently is I have a touch screen which makes it faster.

23 hours ago, squire12 said:

I'm torn on exercising the 5th year option on Love.

I believe his 5th year would be around d $20M.  That gives GB 2 years to see what Love can do as a starter and time to progress.  If he looks good, $20M is a cheap starter with a couple franchise tags in your back pocket

Downside is if Love doesn't look good, $20M is locked in and limits ability to add players.

I can see both sides for sure.  As of now I lean using the 5th year option.

Unless the Packers have another deal lined up to extend him, I think you almost certainly are locked into that 5th year option.  And I think in any situation where you're extending him, you're trying to buy his FA years out at a significantly reduced price.  Think of it similar those pre-arbitration deals that teams do to buy out FA.