Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

32 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

I dont like watsons stride in the slot. Doubs is so crisp in his cuts i think he can thrive there. 

Jsn could be very good too. I am with your assessment that it is qj and jsn then everyone else in this class. 

We put Watson there a lot last year.  It kept him from being jammed.  And he screamed off of the line.  Usually went to mid range routes and deep routes.

He's a different kind of slot.  But it works.

I can see Watson in there clearing stuff out for Doubs, for sure.

Hyatt matches the Packers as much as Flowers does.  Both are sub 6'1 and both are sub 200 lbs.  I think that Hyatt has a similar profile to Desean Jackson, and Flowers has a similar profile to Willow.

I am also not sure that I see it with QJ.  He is big and fast, but I don't trust something about what I see.  He does let the ball fall to him rather than attack it, and his routes are not super crisp.  I think that similar players, Andrei Iosivas, and Bryce Ford-Wheaton are available later.  I am not fully out on QJ, I just think that we have a pretty bad draw of the board if he is the best player at 15. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Hyatt matches the Packers as much as Flowers does.  Both are sub 6'1 and both are sub 200 lbs.  I think that Hyatt has a similar profile to Desean Jackson, and Flowers has a similar profile to Willow.

I am also not sure that I see it with QJ.  He is big and fast, but I don't trust something about what I see.  He does let the ball fall to him rather than attack it, and his routes are not super crisp.  I think that similar players, Andrei Iosivas, and Bryce Ford-Wheaton are available later.  I am not fully out on QJ, I just think that we have a pretty bad draw of the board if he is the best player at 15. 

Youre Great Well Done GIF by GrayDuckDent

This willow?

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

We put Watson there a lot last year.  It kept him from being jammed.  And he screamed off of the line.  Usually went to mid range routes and deep routes.

He's a different kind of slot.  But it works.

I can see Watson in there clearing stuff out for Doubs, for sure.

Yea i dont think he is incapable, he clearly can be productive anywhere.  i just think it opens him up to getting blasted

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Size, speed, blocking, athletic ability. QJ is a prototype, JSN is a slot.

QJ doesn't block, though.  His effort on that front is practically nonexistent.  He puts in just enough to say he tried and that's about it.  JSN does block and he does so pretty well.

Edited by MaximusGluteus

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Size, speed, blocking, athletic ability. QJ is a prototype, JSN is a slot.

Someone needs to convince me Johnston isn't Kevin White. I see an overhyped physical specimen coming out a school that doesn't produce good NFL receivers. I learned my lesson with Reagor. 

• Like 1