Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

16 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

who does that include? Hyatt Addison and Quentin Johnson? Or no Hyatt?

not sure we're in on JSN or not, he looks the part to me though.

I feel like there is a big drop after JSN and QJ.  Then it is Addison.  Then another smaller drop and then Hyatt.  

And when I've been running mocks, Hyatt and Addison are gone when we pick in the second round.

I'm not just overly happy with what is there after Hyatt.  Though there is a kid from LSU that looks intriguing, Boutte, or something like that.

I feel like JSN comes in and produces immediately.  He's ready now.  QJ comes in and needs to learn how to run routes...and catch the ball better.  He's similar to Watson in that regard to me.  Also...QJ's ceiling is higher than JSN's.  JSN's floor is higher than QJ's floor, though.  IMO.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I feel like there is a big drop after JSN and QJ.  Then it is Addison.  Then another smaller drop and then Hyatt.  

And when I've been running mocks, Hyatt and Addison are gone when we pick in the second round.

I'm not just overly happy with what is there after Hyatt.  Though there is a kid from LSU that looks intriguing, Boutte, or something like that.

I feel like JSN comes in and produces immediately.  He's ready now.  QJ comes in and needs to learn how to run routes...and catch the ball better.  He's similar to Watson in that regard to me.  Also...QJ's ceiling is higher than JSN's.  JSN's floor is higher than QJ's floor, though.  IMO.

I feel like Zay Flowers is better than Addison. Thoroughly agree with the rest though.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

Qj and watson on the outside, doubs inside IMO

Or..Doubs and Watson outside, JSN inside.

Or...Doubs and QJ outside, Watson inside.  Watson played enough in the slot last year and was doing really well there.

I don't see Doubs inside unless we want to use him like Lazard.  I do not see Watson in the Lazard blocking role inside.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Qj caught 60 balls for 1k yards this year. That is pretty good productivity. 

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Or..Doubs and Watson outside, JSN inside.

Or...Doubs and QJ outside, Watson inside.  Watson played enough in the slot last year and was doing really well there.

I don't see Doubs inside unless we want to use him like Lazard.  I do not see Watson in the Lazard blocking role inside.

I dont like watsons stride in the slot. Doubs is so crisp in his cuts i think he can thrive there. 

Jsn could be very good too. I am with your assessment that it is qj and jsn then everyone else in this class. 

4 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

I feel like Zay Flowers is better than Addison. Thoroughly agree with the rest though.

Crap, thank you.  I forgot about him.  He's in that Hyatt tier for me.  And he's long gone when I've run the sims on PFF.

4 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Qj caught 60 balls for 1k yards this year. That is pretty good productivity. 

He was like Watson in college.  A man playing with boys.

I thought his routes, even when winning, were pretty sloppy.  And the hands were not strong.  The RAC was amazing, though.

QJ is a pretty raw prospect, like Watson was and probably still is.  

JSN is refined and ready to go now.  He just doesn't have the ceiling that QJ does...and they really different roles.

I can see both working, but the easier one to make work is finding that killer slot guy and that is JSN all day long.

Watson works there too, though, so I'm happy with either.  Check that, I'm THRILLED with either!

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

He was like Watson in college.  A man playing with boys.

I thought his routes, even when winning, were pretty sloppy.  And the hands were not strong.  The RAC was amazing, though.

QJ is a pretty raw prospect, like Watson was and probably still is.  

JSN is refined and ready to go now.  He just doesn't have the ceiling that QJ does...and they really different roles.

I can see both working, but the easier one to make work is finding that killer slot guy and that is JSN all day long.

Watson works there too, though, so I'm happy with either.  Check that, I'm THRILLED with either!

I'd love to have either, but I have to figure Gute is going to prefer QJ over JSN. 

Not impressed with QJ hands.   He seems to be a body catcher.   He does look like a really good RAC receiver.

I see it as a tier of 1 in JSN.  he will be pretty good right away.

Tier 2 is QJ.  High upside but has a lot of development needed.

Tier 3 is Addison and Flowers

Not sure Hyatt fits the Packers but could see him as the 3rd in tier 3.