Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

17 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I made a lot of awful facial hair decisions in my youth but thank god none of them involved the soul patch.

One time, I decided to grow out a beard for a few weeks.  Generally, I prefer being clean shaven, or just a day or two of growth.  Well, as a goof, I shaved the friendly mutton chops and went to work.  It was a hit.  Then the CEO of my company brought other office people over to my lab, and I had to give them a basic run down of what I do.  I don't think any of them actually cared, but man, was I embarrassed. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

One time, I decided to grow out a beard for a few weeks.  Generally, I prefer being clean shaven, or just a day or two of growth.  Well, as a goof, I shaved the friendly mutton chops and went to work.  It was a hit.  Then the CEO of my company brought other office people over to my lab, and I had to give them a basic run down of what I do.  I don't think any of them actually cared, but man, was I embarrassed. 

I rocked the Val Kilmer Doc Holliday to a party once while full well knowing I looked like a pedophile so it could've been worse for ya...

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

25 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I rocked the Val Kilmer Doc Holliday to a party once while full well knowing I looked like a pedophile so it could've been worse for ya...

Post lockdown beard was fairly epic, I trimmed it down to a mean stache that I even started curling the ends.  For the first several weeks of work I wore a mask. After I felt that was no longer necessary I took it off and my students(high school) went crazy. I meant to keep it for a week but it kept going for a few months and it took a life of its own reaching Rollie Fingers levels of ridiculous. They were pretty disappointed when I shaved it off but I was happy to be able to enjoy a bowl of soup again without the hassle of having a feral animal living on my face. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 4

For those who freaked out about Bakhtiari's comments last week:

Bakhtiari joined Mike Silver's "Open Mike" podcast, posted over the weekend, and reiterated that anytime a club transitions from a future Hall of Fame quarterback, it's a "rebuild." The key is how the team and quarterback handle that shift.

"We're moving on from a Hall of Fame quarterback. I literally today talked to Jordan (Love) about this," Bakhtiari said. "I'm like, 'The Packers rebuilt from Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers.' What are we going to say? It's not a rebuild? Like, that is what that is. And that's totally fine. I'm not saying that we're going to be bad. I'm not saying we're going to be good. I don't know and that's the beauty. No one really knows how good they are. We start the season, everyone is batting 1.000. No one has any losses. No one has any wins. And let the season play out however it may be."

Bakhtiari noted that while expectations outside the building might not be high, that changes nothing for the players as they prepare for the season. He also noted that Green Bay went 6-10 in Rodgers' first season as the starter -- they won the Super Bowl two years later.

• Like 1