Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Just now, Spartacus said:

TBH that is who I want back. Just for the leadership aspect. 

Same, he's a solid player and great for the locker room. He's still a FA so the market clearly isn't hot for him. Savage/Ford isn't going to cut it, and if we draft someone I'd rather have Amos in the room for a year too.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

Any chance Amos comes back?

I don't think so.  The Packers are eating like 8 million this year to get out of his old deal.  I would have thought they could have worked something out on an extension, but Amos probably wanted to chase dough.  Never say never I guess, but I'm doubting he's coming back.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

Tariq Carpenter being moved to LB. Early on last year MLF had indicated he would be at LB, but then he ended up at S. 

As Carpenter tells the story, he thought that he was going to be a linebacker while going through the pre-draft process last offseason but ended up spending most of his rookie year at safety.

Carpenter was always considered something of a hybrid player, as he was often used as a box safety at Georgia Tech, but converted to linebacker full-time during the all-star game circuit. At his pro day last year, Carpenter was measured in at 6’3” and 230 pounds while still managing to post a 4.52-second 40-yard dash.

According to Carpenter, he was briefly moved to outside linebacker — a pass-rushing position — for a few weeks during his rookie campaign but returned to safety for the late stretch of the year. He stated that he was up to 230 pounds in the preseason but dropped to around 215 pounds in-season and is now at 220 pounds.

On 4/26/2023 at 3:34 PM, Mox said:

Same, he's a solid player and great for the locker room. He's still a FA so the market clearly isn't hot for him. Savage/Ford isn't going to cut it, and if we draft someone I'd rather have Amos in the room for a year too.

We also have that Moore kid that was a 3rd round pick for the Niners a few years back and the potential to grab a safety today (Brian Branch hopefully). Love Amos but think that ship has sailed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

We also have that Moore kid that was a 3rd round pick for the Niners a few years back and the potential to grab a safety today (Brian Branch hopefully). Love Amos but think that ship has sailed.

Moore was a ST pickup.  I don't think they want him playing any real minutes at safety.  Right now, Ford and Savage are the starting safeties.  There's room for at least 1 more, if not 2 more safeties in that safety room.  One early, one late.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Moore was a ST pickup.  I don't think they want him playing any real minutes at safety.  Right now, Ford and Savage are the starting safeties.  There's room for at least 1 more, if not 2 more safeties in that safety room.  One early, one late.

I know. I'm just stating who we have in the room right now. Moore has starting experience so he's an option if it comes to it but the position is definitely something that needs addressing.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I expect one to be a veteran though - still a lot of FAs out there unsigned
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/safety/available/

15 minutes ago, Leader said:

Who wants to fire Gute again?

If Love hits, look at this offensive youth and potential...

And then remember we have 9 first round picks on defense.

Need our OL to play up to their potential and this team could be a sleeping giant.

Edited by incognito_man