Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

9 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Interesting player career comparisons....

Player A) 53INT 9TD 10FF 13FR

Player B) 52INT 4TD 7FF 6FR

Player C) 50INT 6TD 10FF 15FR

Player D) 53INT 7TD 7FF 5FR

Player A) is Deion Sanders

Player B) is Champ Bailey

Player C) is Terrell Buckley

Player D) is Ty Law 

Three are HOFers and one is considered by many a bust. Weird how that works. 

It is, he just was never in the conversation for best CB, iirc, he was never in a pro bowl. Solid career stats thanks to a long career but not what you hope for from a top 5 pick.

6 hours ago, TheGreatZepp said:

It is, he just was never in the conversation for best CB, iirc, he was never in a pro bowl. Solid career stats thanks to a long career but not what you hope for from a top 5 pick.

It shows stats are only part of the equation. Buckley took way too many chances and got burned, a lot. Those other guys were lock down CBs. 

12 hours ago, pf9 said:

A direct result of Rodgers' failure to beat the 49ers in the playoffs should be a new zero-tolerance policy for losing to the 49ers in the playoffs that would apply to all current and future QBs. You lose to them once, just once, even if you get a win first, you lose the privilege of playing a playoff game against the 49ers for the rest of your tenure with the team. This would be called the Aaron Rodgers Rule for obvious reasons.

I want some of whatever this poster was having.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I want some of whatever this poster was having.

Joke's on you, I wasn't having anything of what you speak.

It has been 22 seasons since we last beat the 49ers in the playoffs. The only QB ever to do so was later embroiled in scandal. If we can have one QB that both beats the 49ers in the playoffs and remains scandal-free that would be greatly appreciated.

6 minutes ago, pf9 said:

Joke's on you, I wasn't having anything of what you speak.

It has been 22 seasons since we last beat the 49ers in the playoffs. The only QB ever to do so was later embroiled in scandal. If we can have one QB that both beats the 49ers in the playoffs and remains scandal-free that would be greatly appreciated.

I'd be amused, but I know where this is going to go;

2023: Jordan Love
2024: Sean Clifford
2025: Our third stringer
2026: Our NEW third stringer
2027: Colin Kaepernick
2028: 45 year old Aaron Rodgers
2029: 60 year old Brett Favre

25 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

I'd be amused, but I know where this is going to go;

2023: Jordan Love
2024: Sean Clifford
2025: Our third stringer
2026: Our NEW third stringer
2027: Colin Kaepernick
2028: 45 year old Aaron Rodgers
2029: 60 year old Brett Favre

Under this rule neither Favre nor Rodgers would be eligible, since they both have lost to the 9ers in the playoffs.

Packers sign WR Cody Chrest. Packers are 3rd team to sign him since he went undrafted in April. 

Chrest and the Packers have agreed to terms on a deal, Aaron Wilson of KPRC 2 Houston reports.

This move comes after Chrest had a successful tryout in Green Bay. The undrafted free agent was an All-WAC second-team selection during his final collegiate season at Sam Houston State. He recorded a 4.35 40-yard dash at his Pro Day and will look to use that speed to his advantage and turn some heads in camp.

FtmAWlLWYAAxcD1?format=jpg&name=small

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

Packers sign WR Cody Chrest. Packers are 3rd team to sign him since he went undrafted in April. 

FtmAWlLWYAAxcD1?format=jpg&name=small

Harvard grad who was a graduate transfer to play ball. Rassy if nothing else and presumably smart. Good luck, guy. IND, PIT, now GB in less than 3 months undrafted means he’s officially one of the loooooonnnnngshots.

*45min sit down with him from some Colts guys. I watched 3min. No longer deep enough in the offseason for that.  Crazy life of an UDFA to get your dreams inflated and burst all in a matter of weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxqUhhgOnSA

Edited by Refugee

13 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Harvard grad who was a graduate transfer to play ball. Rassy if nothing else and presumably smart. Good luck, guy. IND, PIT, now GB in less than 3 months undrafted means he’s officially one of the loooooonnnnngshots.

He’s just trying to see the country and get some culture.

9 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Under this rule neither Favre nor Rodgers would be eligible, since they both have lost to the 9ers in the playoffs.

But if both losses were before this decree, wouldn't that be a loophole?

Besides, there wasn't enough out there to make an equal joke of the whole thing. Except maybe for Justin Fields.

Edited by Zycho32

1 hour ago, Zycho32 said:

But if both losses were before this decree, wouldn't that be a loophole?

Besides, there wasn't enough out there to make an equal joke of the whole thing. Except maybe for Justin Fields.

Could have used Jay Cutler and Colin Kaepernick.