Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, pgwingman said:

So this forum, prior to endless debate surrounding Rodgers departure, would constantly debate whether Pettine/Capers should be on the field so they could coach/motivate players directly or whether they should be up in the box so they could see the X's and O's from a better viewpoint.

If you thought the Rodgers debate was insufferable, you should have been around for the mid 2010s DC viewpoint discussion. It was a civil war that threatened to tear the forum in two.

Glad I missed that one! 

1 hour ago, pgwingman said:

So this forum, prior to endless debate surrounding Rodgers departure, would constantly debate whether Pettine/Capers should be on the field so they could coach/motivate players directly or whether they should be up in the box so they could see the X's and O's from a better viewpoint.

If you thought the Rodgers debate was insufferable, you should have been around for the mid 2010s DC viewpoint discussion. It was a civil war that threatened to tear the forum in two.

This seems odd because it was MLF who wanted Pettine on the field and not in the box. Now he wants it the other way around? 

2 minutes ago, R T said:

This seems odd because it was MLF who wanted Pettine on the field and not in the box. Now he wants it the other way around? 

There is a ton of irony in that comment. Many here, me included, didn't want Barry around this year either. 

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

FB is once again a position on the Packers. Tou're being listed ahead of Reed does not seem to reflect what we've seen on practice field.

Correct. Reed is definitely the No. 3 guy based on practice reps. 

1 hour ago, R T said:

I think the only reason MLF ever had a preference was because he'd be asked about it every week in the press conference. 

4 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Don't most DC's coach from the press box? I think it's a good move, assuming Barry can actually tell what an offense is trying to do to his defense. That is a much better overview.

Dude must be scared of Rich already.