Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Packers Kool-Aid.  That's why.

Plenty of it running through the veins today.

Reed is part Steve Smith, part Tyler Lockett, part Randall Cobb.  All before he's had one rep in a real game.

Clifford is "legit" and Love should be worried if he continues to play like he did last week.  So maybe he will end the pre-season with 3 TD's and 6 INT's?  Or 4 TD's and 8 INT's??

It is an entertaining bunch that we have here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Reed is part Steve Smith, part Tyler Lockett, part Randall Cobb.  All before he's had one rep in a real game.

Clifford is "legit" and Love should be worried if he continues to play like he did last week.  So maybe he will end the pre-season with 3 TD's and 6 INT's?  Or 4 TD's and 8 INT's??

Hey they both have talent.  Pretty obvious.  What kind of careers they ultimately have well that is to be determined.  Love the way Reed attacks the football.  Quick and shifty.  He'll be better than Cobb if he can stay healthy.  Clifford has good mobility, a very quick release, and from what I saw a live arm.  Pumped on both picks.  Promising young rooks.

7 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Hey they both have talent.  Pretty obvious.  What kind of careers they ultimately have well that is to be determined.  Love the way Reed attacks the football.  Quick and shifty.  He'll be better than Cobb if he can stay healthy.  Clifford has good mobility, a very quick release, and from what I saw a live arm.  Pumped on both picks.  Promising young rooks.

Hope you are right about Reed.  I haven't seen anything yet that tells me he can even play in the league.  Also?  Nothing to tell me that he cannot.

Clifford doesn't totally suck.  But you realize he could have easily had another interception or two, right?  About his best quality that I like right now is moxy.  Stones.

8 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Hope you are right about Reed.  I haven't seen anything yet that tells me he can even play in the league.  Also?  Nothing to tell me that he cannot.

Clifford doesn't totally suck.  But you realize he could have easily had another interception or two, right?  About his best quality that I like right now is moxy.  Stones.

Reed is wicked.  After the Amari fiasco they got it right this time.  He is everything that kid wasn't.  Was Clifford's first live action.  Just a rook mistakes are to be expected.  Not concerned about the picks at this stage.  He's got the qualities you like in a QB.  Live arm, quick release, mobile, and accurate with the football.  Only one game but I really liked what I saw.  Kid has ability.  We'll see Vegas.  

This Packer passing game is very young and inexperienced.  There are going to be a lot of bad throws, drops, bad routes, misreads, bad timing.  I'll be looking for flashes this year, but expect a lot of inconsistencies.  Things change when the insurance agents get cut and NFL starters line up.  

26 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Reed is wicked.  After the Amari fiasco they got it right this time.  He is everything that kid wasn't.  Was Clifford's first live action.  Just a rook mistakes are to be expected.  Not concerned about the picks at this stage.  He's got the qualities you like in a QB.  Live arm, quick release, mobile, and accurate with the football.  Only one game but I really liked what I saw.  Kid has ability.  We'll see Vegas.  

Easily the most exciting/positive looking QB's we've had in the backup role in a long time.  Including Love prior to last year.

But...it could also be because we've seen a lot of pre-season games by UDFA's at the QB position.

I will agree with you, though.  Live arm.  Quick release.  Accuracy.  I saw all of that too.  It could be that it looked so good because we are used to seeing garbage back there.

19 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Hope so. But Cobb having played some QB early in his college career did make him unique. He always understood what a QB needed from a receiver, especially when a play broke down.

So you’re assuming he’s more savvy right?  I mean, unless the coaches said so or your at practice every day watching how would anyone know one way or another?

8 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Tis the season. August is a good month to be drunk with optimism but I have had to chuckle at some of these takes. Good to know we’re in good hands with future HOFers down on the depth chart, tho. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Why woud anyone give up a 1st rounder and pay his contract ( plus a new one) for a soon to be 32 yr old who can't practice consistantly and has played sparingly over the last 2-3 seasons due to a major knee surgery?

idk, they want to re-sign him long term?  He's a top level OT and a contending team has a big hole at OT.

Teams do this kind of dumb stuff all the time.

15 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Clifford is an unusually polished passer for a rookie, in large part since he's been Penn State's quarterback since 1997.

Polished....good word.
This was the first time I'd ever seen the guy and the word I came up with was composed.

56 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Apparently MFL texted Dan Orlovsky and told him Jordan Love is going to be great and that Orlovsky would love him. 

MFL has been pretty reserved in comments about J-Love, so that is newsworthy to me. 

Matt FleurLa?

Edited by MaximusGluteus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Apparently MFL texted Dan Orlovsky and told him Jordan Love is going to be great and that Orlovsky would love him. 

MFL has been pretty reserved in comments about J-Love, so that is newsworthy to me. 

He texted me the same thing. He also added he thinks he will be better then Rodgers.

I hope Orlovsky was telling the truth. That's pretty cool if MLF did. I don't trust ESPN analysts on stories like that. It's exciting to see what will happen this year, good or bad. We have been a veteran group for quite awhile, so youth movement is something different. I will miss the Rodgers era at the same time.

Edited by Eternal