Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

I think trying to stir it up over a quality back up T for 4.3 is a bit ridiculous. Savage, OK but he’s not horrible and they didn’t want to cut bait in a 1st rounder without a replacement. That falls in Gute. 

I will say I’m still not sold in Steno. I feel like we lost an excellent OLine coach and gained a mediocre OC. Watching some pretty creative plays from Det and KC right now and hope we can get the most out of our personnel without being predictable. MLF has a huge role in that but I hope we have an OC that can bring fresh ideas and also nail the fundamentals. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Super easy to say now. Had Tom not worked out and they let Yosh walk, we could be screwed and get our next great QB killed. 

Not only that, but the guys that have passed him are both second year players on a 4th round and 7th round rookie contract, respectively.  And we aren't 100% sure that Walker comes in before Yosh either.  

And regarding Savage, we all wish he was better.  Letting him walk means that we are starting Jon Owens and Rudy Ford at safety.  I promise that is a lot worse.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

This only highlights the absurdity of the situation.  IND doesn't want to pay Taylor because RB's aren't valued enough in today's NFL, but then they ask for players like Waddle/Watson in trade talks.

While I do think Indianapolis is being unrealistic, is this not the "shoot for the moon" offer that everyone talks about?