Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

23 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Now that the Packers are getting the Jets #2 the thought keeps going thru my mind that the Packers may ship a 2nd off to the Colts as part of a deal for Jonathan Taylor.  He's 24 and would be the long term solution in the Packers backfield.  He fits what they want to continue to do for years to come.  Jones will probably restructure and return next year, but Dillon is probably going to wind up getting paid to play somewhere else.  

Depending on the contract JT demands, a 2nd is too much. He's been in the league 3 years. Amazing rookie season, mediocre 2nd season with injuries and holding out this year. I offer Nijman and a 3rd 

18 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Depending on the contract JT demands, a 2nd is too much. He's been in the league 3 years. Amazing rookie season, mediocre 2nd season with injuries and holding out this year. I offer Nijman and a 3rd 

Ohh. That I would take in a second. Decent offer too IMO as they get a guy who played pretty good at LT when Bak was out.

however, the colts will never take that… because their fools

Edited by MantyWrestler

12 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Ohh. That I would take in a second. Decent offer too IMO as they get a guy who played pretty good at LT when Bak was out.

however, the colts will never take that… because their fools

If we weren't so young and going to need to extend a whole lot of our guys in the next few years that might makes sense. You have to give up the player, draft pick, then sign him to a pretty big contract. 

This is an easy pass for me. 

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Now that the Packers are getting the Jets #2 the thought keeps going thru my mind that the Packers may ship a 2nd off to the Colts as part of a deal for Jonathan Taylor.  He's 24 and would be the long term solution in the Packers backfield.  He fits what they want to continue to do for years to come.  Jones will probably restructure and return next year, but Dillon is probably going to wind up getting paid to play somewhere else.  

Y'all need to STFU about this JT stuff, ain't gonna happen. I don't care how much you like King Diamond. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Think you'd have to see what he can do in pass protection and I know he isn't much as a pass catcher.  I think he'd be an interesting addition but you'd have to look at his "injury", and check his attitude.  He'd have to know his role.  He isnt getting 30 carries a game.  Probably a long shot at this point. JMO

Edited by NFLGURU

11 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Think you'd have to see what he can do in pass protection and I know he isn't much as a pass catcher.  I think he'd be an interesting addition but you'd have to look at his "injury", and check his attitude.  He'd have to know his role.  He isnt getting 30 carries a game.  Probably a long shot at this point. JMO

Can you explain the bold?

Is Aaron jones much as a pass catcher?

33 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Can you explain the bold?

Is Aaron jones much as a pass catcher?

Compared to Dillon, I should have clarified. 

Both Jones and Dillon are pretty good out of the backfield.  Taylor has decent numbers but he's also the prime guy out of the backfield.  IIRC He doesn't split receptions out of the backfield like Jones/Dillon do.

32 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I remember JT from the Badgers. Seems he would have crucial fumbles in big games. I'd pass on him. With the extra pick we have we can use a pick or two to get a plenty good rb in the draft and on a rookie contract.

That’s what I don’t understand. Why not use a decent pick and get a guy close to or possibly better than JT without the injuries and price tag. He’s a great RB but we can bring in a good to great RB in better ways.