Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

16 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It's entirely the Halo Effect

Payton looks good and is a very polished speaker and media guy. 

McCarthy looks, speaks, and approaches the press like a tool both operator. 

If you meant toll booth, tool booth might be even better—a kiosk from which tools for adjusting pad levels and fixing things we intend to get fixed are sold.

You do speak the truth, regarding the physical impression the coaches give and the shallow evaluations that fans and media place upon such things. For me, McCarthy’s manner of speaking weighed more than physical appearance. 

In retrospect, much of what I didn’t like about the team under his tenure was probably more to do with Rodgers than McCarthy, and most of my issues with him were shallow or mistaken.

I’d feel bad for having held him in lesser regard than I should have, but he’s a bajillionaire and I check the couch cushions for change.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

If you meant toll booth, tool booth might be even better—a kiosk from which tools for adjusting pad levels and fixing things we intend to get fixed are sold.

You do speak the truth, regarding the physical impression the coaches give and the shallow evaluations that fans and media place upon such things. For me, McCarthy’s manner of speaking weighed more than physical appearance. 

In retrospect, much of what I didn’t like about the team under his tenure was probably more to do with Rodgers than McCarthy, and most of my issues with him were shallow or mistaken.

I’d feel bad for having held him in lesser regard than I should have, but he’s a bajillionaire and I check the couch cushions for change.

lol I read it as someone who deals with tools at first too. 

I've told this story here before I'm sure but like 10 years ago I worked every Sunday bartending at a golf course during football season and the thing that stuck with me was how many people like just weirdly hated Mac, casual *** fans who don't even really watch or like their wives and stuff. They'd show him on the sideline and it seemed like every time someone would be oh stupid fat poopoohead. There's just something about his look that people don't like at some visceral level.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Payton looks good and is a very polished speaker and media guy. 

McCarthy looks, speaks, and approaches the press like a tool both operator. 

It made me a little proud to question this because I'd rather listen to Mac talk than Payton any day of the week. 

Payton seems buttery soft and slippery. Mac seems sharp and brute.

Clear winner to me.

39 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It made me a little proud to question this because I'd rather listen to Mac talk than Payton any day of the week. 

Payton seems buttery soft and slippery. Mac seems sharp and brute.

Clear winner to me.

I agree, with the caveat that Big Mac often sounds like he’s speaking in between bites of stew. I could see how that could bug some people. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Not an MLF fan.................

Few comments from GB fans like mad that Kurt sucked or whatever, as if that means he can't dislike whatever went on with him and Matt. Something definitely felt off about that cut at the time but he was a nobody so it didn't matter but this helps it make sense

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Case in point.

There's a coach in college football right now whose team is literally the most penalized and has the worst defense in all of the power 5 conferences but is "revolutionizing the game" because he makes fun sound bites looks cool doing it. 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Case in point.

There's a coach in college football right now whose team is literally the most penalized and has the worst defense in all of the power 5 conferences but is "revolutionizing the game" because he makes fun sound bites looks cool doing it. 🤷‍♂️

Holy **** I had no idea they were the most penalized too. 

5 minutes ago, Norm said:

Holy **** I had no idea they were the most penalized too. 

I'm actually wrong. Boston College has one more penalty and Stanford has allowed .43 points more per game but 20 yards less per game.

So second most penalized and arguably worst defense in the Power 5.

But still.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Isherwood said:

Gamer influencer who couldn’t make an NFL roster rips on someone much more successful that him 

Llcheesehead12 is Kurt Benkert lol

He didn't really say anything bad IMO. He just said they didn't get along.. I'm sure it was Kurt's fault but he was pretty much he was hard on me and I'm a puss so I didn't like it lol. 

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

Sounds like someone born post-2000.

I was gonna quit before they fired me because they kept asking me to my job correctly and I like, couldn’t lol. I told my wife it’s not worth a million dollars for me to be unhappy.

Dudes are getting blown up somewhere this guy can’t take MLF for a few hours 5 days a week.

I’ll still ride for this guy but holy cow does he ever come off like a Girl Scout.