Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

15 minutes ago, Laces Out said:

does anyone in the local GB/Milwaukee media actually have the stones to ask him any hardball questions?

whenever I listen to the local sports radio up that way... it seems uhm, interesting to say the least compared to what we've got here on the east coast.

Not even close, bunch of softball throwers in the Green Bay media.  It's laughable.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Not even close, bunch of softball throwers in the Green Bay media.  It's laughable.

"...Brought to you by Perkin's Restaurant and Bakery!!"

here in Philly we have not one, but two strip clubs that actively run ads on either WIP or 97.5. Including one that runs a special, bring your Eagles ticket stub after the game and get free **** with a side of scabies 🤣. Different worlds.

This has nothing to do with those who actually work in the media, just found it hilarious, very very different vibes.

I don't think I'd be too worried about the young WR room, if we had a long tenured Vet there (same with some other positions) to help coach them up. Donald Driver would be great in that room demanding consistency and maturity in their craft. It's one thing to get an earful from your position coach, but another from a trusted peer who's been there as the up and comer so to speak.

One of the problems with always cutting bait on your vets, hell even Jordy got shafted by this FO. I don't get it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

I don't really understand the need that some folks have with having beat reporters ask "hardball" questions. Do you all want these questions just so you can get angry when the HC/GM gives you a "pad level" type answer?

Reporter: "What level of performance is acceptable from this Packers team before you make a change?"

Gute: "It's too early to talk about that now" or "We have full confidence in this staff to turn this around."

-rage ensues-

Edited by Striker
  • Like 6

22 minutes ago, Laces Out said:

I don't think I'd be too worried about the young WR room, if we had a long tenured Vet there (same with some other positions) to help coach them up. Donald Driver would be great in that room demanding consistency and maturity in their craft. It's one thing to get an earful from your position coach, but another from a trusted peer who's been there as the up and comer so to speak.

One of the problems with always cutting bait on your vets, hell even Jordy got shafted by this FO. I don't get it.

Regarding Jordy, his final year in GB was 482 yards and 6 TDs.  The WR room had prime Cobb and Davante as well.  Then they added the promising class of:  Moore, MVS, St. Brown, and Lazard to the two vets.  That is a move that makes sense.  And all of those new guys combined were less than Jordy.  

I really like the pass catchers that we have right now.  But we would likely be in a better spot if we had just ponied up a little bit more to keep Randall Cobb around to be the leader in the room.  And now we are here.  We made our bed, now we sleep in it.

47 minutes ago, Striker said:

I don't really understand the need that some folks have with having beat reporters ask "hardball" questions. Do you all want these questions just so you can get angry when the HC/GM gives you a "pad level" type answer?

Reporter: "What level of performance is acceptable from this Packers team before you make a change?"

Gute: "It's too early to talk about that now" or "We have full confidence in this staff to turn this around."

-rage ensues-

Gute probably doesn't even know how bad this team is, we need to hold him more accountable