Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

10 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

What is Walker doing with his hands on this play?

He's better than this, that's for sure. He's playing without confidence and with panic. Needs time on the bench to drill back on fundamentals.

Walker will be a fine swing tackle for us the next 2 years, but the Detroit and LV game he got bullied, and he hasn't recovered mentally.

15 hours ago, Norm said:

Fans should get to vote on our 3rds while we're on the clock. Not even kidding. That would be amazing. Then again they'd probably have to drafted Boatie McBoatsface then. 

I remember last year, this forum was banging the table for Zach Tom in the 3rd round and we took Sean Rhyan. Even think @MacReady or @Packerraymondmade a post saying the dream is dead. Thankfully he fell to the 4th

Anyways, trade both 3rds we have to move back up into the 1st. 

5 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

I remember last year, this forum was banging the table for Zach Tom in the 3rd round and we took Sean Rhyan. Even think @MacReady or @Packerraymondmade a post saying the dream is dead. Thankfully he fell to the 4th

Weren’t me. I pick one player to like each year for the draft and it’s almost always defense.

Last year it was LVN. This year it’s Cooper DeJean.

8 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

I think "the dream is dead" was Ray.  I know I was all aboard the Zach Tom bandwagon though.  Absolutely loved the 2022 draft.

4 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Weren’t me. I pick one player to like each year for the draft and it’s almost always defense.

Last year it was LVN. This year it’s Cooper DeJean.

Cooper DeJean just seems like a Packers player. Got the draft capital to trade up if he falls. 

20 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Love's accuracy isn't the only issue with some of these missed deep throws.

I don't think Love sailed that throw, I think it's right there if Watson isn't jogging out of his initial break. If Watson doesn't almost stop, that ball hits him right on the 9 in stride. It looks like a sail because Watson had to dive for it after being a lazy turd.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Love's accuracy isn't the only issue with some of these missed deep throws.

looks like Watson doesn't burst up the sidelines to clear the CB.  Love throws it to where he anticipates Watson would be if he made the full burst up the sideline.  Similar to the throw to Doubs on the other deep ball sideline play that is just out of Doubs reach

12 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

second throw that live seemed like a bad throw

Watson is having a terrible year .. he and Love are not on the same page at all.  Here's some numbers Zach Kruse posted.

Passer rating when targeting #Packers WR Christian Watson 2022: 123.3 (3rd/103 WRs) 2023: 45.1 (97/100)

16 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I don't think Love sailed that throw, I think it's right there if Watson isn't jogging out of his initial break. If Watson doesn't almost stop, that ball hits him right on the 9 in stride. It looks like a sail because Watson had to dive for it after being a lazy turd.

I don't think Watsons being lazy, I think he's reading it as a hole shot, aka "don't run yourself into being covered". I think he's right, but I also think Love is right that there's enough room where it doesn't have to be a hole shot and can be a bigger play, i.e. TD.

Both players are right, neither player is on the same page as their teammate. Story of this losing streak.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't think Watsons being lazy, I think he's reading it as a hole shot, aka "don't run yourself into being covered". I think he's right, but I also think Love is right that there's enough room where it doesn't have to be a hole shot and can be a bigger play, i.e. TD.

Both players are right, neither player is on the same page as their teammate. Story of this losing streak.

Partially right but Watson basically stops running after beating the CB. So he stopped running to be covered instead of running into coverage? If he's an option on that play, where else is Love supposed to put the ball? I'm not saying Watson needed to run full bore the whole route, he just doesn't need to jog after beating his man. You can't anticipate a jog as a QB. 

1 hour ago, KFP7 said:

second throw that live seemed like a bad throw

It's not all Love's fault for sure, but he's got to start getting his players on the same page.  Maybe he already does this, but he needs to demand better from his teammates.  No more Mr. Nice Guy.  It's not like you need to show them up on the field, but he needs to be in Watson's ear after screwups like this.