Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

32 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

it's wild that we fans are complaining about him while he's the best in the league at it ha

Hmm.  Maybe because his average less than 2 yards more on his returns that we would get if he'd take a knee in the end zone or fair catch a kickoff?  And by doing that, he removes injury from the equation for everyone on that squad while eliminating the potential for a holding call that puts them well behind the 25 yard line?

Taking a knee or fair catching it does take away the potential of a large return, no doubt.  But it also mitigates a lot of negative outcomes.

I feel this way.  Keep returning.  Our offense needs as a short a field as they can get.  If this was a Rodgers led offense with established wide outs?  Let's roll from the 25.  I feel for where this club is at, he's doing the right thing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

this is not true, it's 2yd + whatever yd line he catches it on each time

Tell me then where is he catching the ball?  10 yard line?  15?  Or inside the 5.  Do the research, get back to me.

Then tell me if the juice is worth the squeeze.  Potential longer return versus injury and a holding call.

I stand by my statement.  For our team right now, he's doing the right thing and he's doing it really well.  But if he had a better offense, I'd rather be starting on the 25.

I get the other side of the argument.  Totally.  I just feel that our offense we need those longer returns, the risk is worth it.

21 minutes ago, squire12 said:
1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

this is not true, it's 2yd + whatever yd line he catches it on each time

If he catches it 5 yards deep in the endzone and returns it for his average return, its a net loss in startimg field position vs if he took a knee.

so what you're saying is that it's 2yd + whatever yd line he catches it on each time?

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

so what you're saying is that it's 2yd + whatever yd line he catches it on each time?

Nixon is averaging 26.4 yards per KOR.  If he catches the KO 5 yards deep in the endzone and returns it for his average, GB would start at the 21.4 yard line.  That is a 3.6 yard net loss in field position vs if he had taken a knee.

36 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Nixon is averaging 26.4 yards per KOR.  If he catches the KO 5 yards deep in the endzone and returns it for his average, GB would start at the 21.4 yard line.  That is a 3.6 yard net loss in field position vs if he had taken a knee.

Is the youngest team in the NFL not just asking for penalties on special teams by being aggressive? Starting the drive at the 14 stinks. 

The math just needs a return TD once and it’ll start saying to try every time if you remove penalties. I guess football is situational, and should be treated accordingly. If we were to have an offense that doesn’t require a spark to get it going, etc.

All that being said, Devin Hester bro. You find the right one it’s like having two offenses working together.