Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

28 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

How GB addresses the contract in this discussion is irrelevant. The guy said there is NO (as in ZERO) financial incentive to cut Bakh. He's wrong and not just by a little. He's wrong by 21.5 million dollars. When he, as a Packer beat writer, posts something so egregiously wrong like this, he's a ******* CLOWN! It's not up for debate either! 

We're done here! 😂

Wouldn't really call Uglem on the beat. More like a blogger. He hardly has any connections to people who talk to the packer people. Hell I think justo is more plugged in than him, and we all know where he started 

4 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Wouldn't really call Uglem on the beat. More like a blogger. He hardly has any connections to people who talk to the packer people. Hell I think justo is more plugged in than him, and we all know where he started 

This is his Twitter bio:  Defensive Coordinator @OakGrovers; Football | Publisher, @PackerReport66 ; @BisonReport ;  @Jays_247 | Jessie's husband, Berkeley and Rocky's dad.

I follow him because he offers opinions and posts breakdowns about Packer football (amongst others). Not because he's "plugged in" or right all the time. 

44 minutes ago, Leader said:

Or....he's deemed healthy and the contract is reworked to spread that cash across more years.

Yes, that fell under the "renegotiated/replaced" option.  But you are correct, if you replace the existing deal with a new deal, you could spread some of the $19 sunk cost into the future.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Leader said:

This is his Twitter bio:  Defensive Coordinator @OakGrovers; Football | Publisher, @PackerReport66 ; @BisonReport ;  @Jays_247 | Jessie's husband, Berkeley and Rocky's dad.

I follow him because he offers opinions and posts breakdowns about Packer football (amongst others). Not because he's "plugged in" or right all the time. 

Yeah. I follow him too. Just good to understand what his role is in "packers media". It'd be like following a gent on this forum. But instead of Twitter/247sports they post here.

That's all I'm sayin 

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Leader said:

So there all you "Get rid of Bak" people :)

This is a stupid statement. Bakhtiari makes 21.5M on new money next year. If you can make up for his absence for less than that you should cut him or rework his contract. Give him a 5M base salary with 17M in incentives with 1M for each regular season he plays and if he doesn't like it cut/trade him.

Acme Packing -  The Green Bay Packers worked out six players on Monday: QB Jarrett Guarantano, RB Brenden Knox, RB John Lovett, TE Devi Asiasi, TE Nick Eubanks and TE Joel Wilson. If a couple of these names sound familiar, it’s because the Packers have brought them in before. Green Bay currently has two open practice squad spots available, but the team also just released running back James Robinson and receiver Bo Melton from their 53-man roster. Both players were called up from the practice squad last week to the active roster, which means they might revert back to the practice squad — if they pass through waivers on Tuesday. While no signing has been made official yet, don’t be surprised if one of either Robinson or Melton doesn’t make the cut, though, as the Packers seem to be eyeing a tight end.

Edited by Leader

41 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that this Packers team is right in the thick of the playoff chase.  Brady was right.

I don't know if I'd call it "the thick".....we're just trying to wiggle into the thin end (7 seed).

Beat the Chiefs? Then I start thinking maybe GB has a shot at getting into the thick of things.