Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

21 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Watson has been absolutely incredible the last two games. His play is borderline unrecognizable (in the best of ways). My outlook for him has changed.

Finally showed some strong, strong hands and better route running.

I thought year 4 would be his break out year....maybe it could be year 3.

But the kid is still very injury prone.  

19 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Watson has been absolutely incredible the last two games. His play is borderline unrecognizable (in the best of ways). My outlook for him has changed.

Definitely have to give him props. I've been a big critic and these last two games he's made some man-sized receptions on the sidelines and endzone. I'm still not there in saying he's "arrived" as a consistent player because I need to see that production over the course of a season, not merely a few games, but unfortunately, the other aspect that I'll always fear about Watson has shown up again, which is...can he stay on the field for more than a few weeks at a time?

Seems to be building a better rapport with Love so hopefully he's not out too long.  

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Hoping it was minor .. didn't have any ice wrapped around it in post game pressers, no crutches.  Maybe it was more of a cramp than a pull?

That’s what I thought too but jones didn’t look bad if I recall and then well we know the rest

3 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Don't read too much into waiver claims.  You're basically going to do it any time you have a roster spot open and you like someone who ends up on Waivers.  If these guys were likely to affect your strategy down the stretch, then they probably wouldn't have been waived.

Either way he's an interesting claim. 5-year guy with 12 starts under his belt. I remember him playing quite a bit for the Rams. 

23 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Maybe unrecognizable so far this year, but definitely not unrecognizable from that stretch of play last year.

i don't think he played like this last year, either.

he looks quite a bit different to me the last 2 weeks. Made some plays he hadn't previously. It's awesome.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

May be reading way too much into this, but adding another CB to the roster with Stokes presumably ready to come back off IR as well...could Jaire end up being done-done this season? Hope not. 

Oh nice. I was a D Long guy around draft time. thats just fun.