Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

21 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

I'm about as anti-capitalism as it gets but I don't understand b!tching about the prices of things. Stuff is worth what people will pay for it. If nobody bought "overpriced" tickets to drink "overpriced" beers and eat "overpriced" junk those wouldn't be the prices. 

If you don't like it don't do it. If enough of you don't like it and don't do it the prices will drop... until enough people find the prices reasonable and they raise the prices... 🤷‍♂️

My unpopular opinion is sports fans are not charged enough for beer. People go there and behave like animals when the beers cost $10, imagine how they'd behave if beers were $2.

(the cleveland browns are my local team, 10 cent beer night lives in the city lore)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Pugger said:

Without any of us sitting in on JA's conversations with the medical staff it is not our place (or any other talking head in the media) to second guess what is going on.  I strongly suspect Jaire is unhappy not playing.  This team has a lot invested in this player (along with Bak) so it is prudent to be careful and not exacerbate the injury by having him play before he is ready and make it worse.

I try to sympathize with players in situations like this. If you push yourself to come back early and you struggle, fans want to cut you cause "he's lost a step since the injury". If you try to preserve yourself a bit, fans question your commitment to the game.

It's just an unfortunate reality that 80% of sports fans are morons, and sports radio exists to get them riled up at something.  GB's greatest asset is that they don't have an owner and are somewhat insulated from those morons.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pgwingman said:

It's just an unfortunate reality that 80% of sports fans are morons, and sports radio exists to get them riled up at something.  GB's greatest asset is that they don't have an owner and are somewhat insulated from those morons.

It's less about fans being morons and more about fans basing their outrage on false assumptions.  They take a guess as to what is going on behind the scene, and then form a strong opinion as if that guess is an established fact.

OK, so yeah… most fans are morons.

• Like 4

On 12/7/2023 at 5:39 PM, HighCalebR said:

Watch, karlaftis and ol eye black buddy are over Tom a huge amount. And when they're not they're getting pressure. And bosas out for the chargers and Khalil got a sack on Walker. Teams are putting their backups over Walker because they know he needs help so they can get some 1v1s over Tom or get max pro.

I'll fine tooth it on Saturday since we want to continue this convo.

But watch Chases or JTs cut ups of 13 plays. Walker is struggling in half of them. It's plain as day. JT even laments his play for a minute.

Fair enough for what you've seen. Sounds like a rookie who's still cutting his teeth as was said. Never thought he was Bahk after 3 years but the comp is there regards to needing to play and grow. 

8 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Fair enough for what you've seen. Sounds like a rookie who's still cutting his teeth as was said. Never thought he was Bahk after 3 years but the comp is there regards to needing to play and grow. 

It's really not. It's just a huge disservice to Walker to compare him to bakh. He'll be a very different player if be gets to whatever his peak is.

Edited by HighCalebR

5 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

It's really not. It's just a huge disservice to Walker to compare him to bakh. He'll be a very different player if be gets to whatever his peak is.

I did not compare him to the player, Bahk but the situation of Bahk not being great early in his career. Bahk as a rookie was not that great, he was good at times, he was ok at times but like Walker he had failures that was the point that was my point. I would not be a bit surprised if the FO and coaching staff were not looking at trying to make Walker the LT of the future. 

19 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

We had a choice of dog poop or cat poop. Steve Fifer is the worst personality I’ve suffered trying to listen to regularly and Gary and LeRoy were straight up liars, changing their stances regularly, treating listeners like crap, Leroy—stop freaking laughing over everything and mumbling ffs this is radio.

The station then caught TDS after the 16 election and their media overlords weren’t cautious enough to keep sports and politics separate. Should’ve been two hosts, all day long. Instead they cut the best hosts and hired tons of afternoon guys that didn’t deliver an afternoon show with original content. 

97.3 is head and shoulders better than both. Although I admit once Czabe and Kuhn are done, Drew and KB is dog crap rolled in cat crap. And the CBD Gummy commercials are guaranteed to lead to me angrily turning on my stuff rather than hear it.

All time?
97.3>1250>Silence>105.7>ESPN Milwaukee

If my take is anything on Jaire, it’s that NO ONE is informed. Assuming Jaire Alexander has a problem with the Green Bay Packers is a lot more of a reach than assuming he doesn’t. We have no evidence either way but it’s not like it’s a coin flip either way. That’s why it’s so incredibly weak to be discussing if our star player wants out. It’s happening for no real reason, so I guess I’ll leave it at that if you guys want to talk about trading 26 year old cornerstones of the franchise have at it.

geesh why would you think a stud shutdown CB would be happy playing passive zone coverage, which has been a fair example of the Joe Barry defense, that is till he's been forced to use more man because of lack of chemistry between the players he's been forced to use, I don't understand your position Charisma, Alexander is capable of taking away the opponents best receiver, Barry zones allows opponents  the ability to scheme mis matches, and basically make Alexander cover there weakest receivers.

If I'am Alexander I want to play in a man coverage scheme or revolving zone, in which I'am allowed to always roam with the opponents best.

Alex's angst with Barry goes back to the first game with Minny last season, when he allowed Jefferson to go off on us, all the while Alex is stuck in his passive zone, Barry allowed ( do to MLF giving the riot act) Alex to man up and destroy Jefferson in the next meeting, after that right back to his passive cushion zone coverage, why wouldn't Alexander want out of here? or the firing of Joe Barry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PACKRULE said:

I did not compare him to the player, Bahk but the situation of Bahk not being great early in his career. Bahk as a rookie was not that great, he was good at times, he was ok at times but like Walker he had failures that was the point that was my point. I would not be a bit surprised if the FO and coaching staff were not looking at trying to make Walker the LT of the future. 

I feel like if you put Tom at LT, then put #69 on Tom, you would be hard pressed to see a difference in their games.  Kardashian type hair?  Yeah, that would the difference.  But I think Bakh and Tom are very similar in their body type and their overall game.

Not sure who I'd comp Walker to.  He's taller.  I dare say his wingspan is longer than Bakh's.  Feet are pretty good.  Power looks to still be lacking some.  So I don't know who that is, but I'll be the comp starts with "a poor man's ______".

Edited by vegas492
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I feel like if you put Tom at LT, then put #69 on Tom, you would be hard pressed to see a difference in their games.  Kardashian type hair?  Yeah, that would the difference.  But I think Bakh and Tom are very similar in their body type and their overall game.

Not sure why I'd comp Walker to.  He's taller.  I dare say his wingspan is longer than Bakh's.  Feet are pretty good.  Power looks to still be lacking some.  So I don't know who that is, but I'll be the comp starts with "a poor man's ______".

Mark Tauscher.

14 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Man, I don't see that one at all.  Tauscher's feet were quicker and he had a much better base than Walker.  Different body type, too.  Tausch, was and is...uh...doughy.  

UR right. I have trouble comparing players. Both were 7th round draft choices IIRC.

Edited by Mr. Fussnputz
spelling
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Man, I don't see that one at all.  Tauscher's feet were quicker and he had a much better base than Walker.  Different body type, too.  Tausch, was and is...uh...doughy.  

If you go back to his draft profile NFL has Dion Dawkins as the guy.. I think Dions a good bit thicker and didn't have some of the issues Walker does. 

Maybe Spriggs if we're looking at Packers. But Spriggs had knees. So idk just hard to play in the league when you're not a super thick dude who doesn't bend well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turf toe said:

geesh why would you think a stud shutdown CB would be happy playing passive zone coverage, which has been a fair example of the Joe Barry defense, that is till he's been forced to use more man because of lack of chemistry between the players he's been forced to use, I don't understand your position Charisma, Alexander is capable of taking away the opponents best receiver, Barry zones allows opponents  the ability to scheme mis matches, and basically make Alexander cover there weakest receivers.

If I'am Alexander I want to play in a man coverage scheme or revolving zone, in which I'am allowed to always roam with the opponents best.

Alex's angst with Barry goes back to the first game with Minny last season, when he allowed Jefferson to go off on us, all the while Alex is stuck in his passive zone, Barry allowed ( do to MLF giving the riot act) Alex to man up and destroy Jefferson in the next meeting, after that right back to his passive cushion zone coverage, why wouldn't Alexander want out of here? or the firing of Joe Barry.

I don’t know enough about our backside to say how much man vs zone we’re playing. Without even googling it I’d agree we’ve played more zone than man under Barry. I’d agree Jaire can play man coverage as well as anyone in the NFL and that’s an underutilized weapon at times. That sucks. But the zone does allow Jaire to not be avoided and keeps his instincts and eyes on the ball. We do have the option at any time during a game to pin Jaire on a player. I don’t see coverage philosophy being a deal breaker. We’ve heard zero about it publicly, meaning we’re discussing theories as to why one of the top paid players would want out.

I know what Jaire wants—to play football. We’re in a playoff run. He’s competitive AF. Injury is more likely because of his size. Smart play is to keep his mind ready and get his body ready. Could be a huge defensive boost.

I ask out loud because I honestly don’t know—what’s more wear and tear on a CB? Man vs zone or no difference worth discussing?