Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I would still like us to bring him back and play him at slot corner.  No more safety, pure slot corner.  Keep him near the LOS.  Let him blitz some as well as cover.

While he is a complete and utter failure at safety, I think he can have a career as a "plus" slot corner.

Barry's first season I thought we used more 2 high pre sets with Amos, Savage may never have been the physical banger safety we all hoped he'd be after being drafted so high, that didn't happen, but he still had 60 some tackles 9 PD's, coupled with Amos that was a good combo. he's just not as good in cover 1 he should be.

3 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

For anyone concerned that Barry could somehow salvage his job if GB makes the playoffs, a game vs SF is precisely what we should want.  If that game were to be played, GB might give up a perfect passer rating AND a 200+ yards rushing.

lol, I get it, but nah. I am in the camp that thinks they move on after this year regardless. Doesn't his contract expire after this season? If so that would mean MLF doesn't even have to fire him, which seems to be something he just doesn't want to do.

Luke Musgrave said he might not have finished Chargers game a few weeks ago if he knew his kidney was lacerated, but it hadn’t bled enough to be “astronomically painful” until he got home. Saw the blood in his urine, and knew pretty quickly something was significantly wrong.

Musgrave says he wants to play again this season. “I’ll play through pain,” he says. As if there was doubt. He also realizes this is significant injury, and he must be cautious. Musgrave says his lacerated kidney was “level 4 out of 5” grade, and he still has pain. So, we’ll see.

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I would still like us to bring him back and play him at slot corner.  No more safety, pure slot corner.  Keep him near the LOS.  Let him blitz some as well as cover.

While he is a complete and utter failure at safety, I think he can have a career as a "plus" slot corner.

I'm not sure what you've seen of Savage that makes you think he's got the coverage skills for the slot. When he's at Safety....when in many ways, stuffs in front of him (or coming at him) - he lacks coverage skills. How he'd manage in the slot - when he'd be required to move/cover in all directions (including backwards...which in this defense doesnt happen too often at Safety......) - I dont know. I'm not seeing it.....but I'm not gonna worry about it. That's next year stuff. 

2 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:
Luke Musgrave said he might not have finished Chargers game a few weeks ago if he knew his kidney was lacerated, but it hadn’t bled enough to be “astronomically painful” until he got home. Saw the blood in his urine, and knew pretty quickly something was significantly wrong.

Musgrave says he wants to play again this season. “I’ll play through pain,” he says. As if there was doubt. He also realizes this is significant injury, and he must be cautious. Musgrave says his lacerated kidney was “level 4 out of 5” grade, and he still has pain. So, we’ll see.

Jesus

2 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Only need one. Cut it out and get back on the field! /s

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Shut him down for the year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

Feel this is an odd take from you.

If they're able to go, let them go, no?

Or that's just Jaire and Jones 

Don't think I've been on Jones when he's been injured. Jaire got a big payday, now we can't get on the field. It seems the Packers are going out of their way to run cover for him.

There is nothing to play for at this point. All we could do is dominate three teams who sucks and possibly save Barry's job. NO thanks. I'm for Carolina scoring 30 on us! Then watch the sackless MLF let Barry finish the season anyway. 

Edited by Old Guy

30 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Don't think I've been on Jones when he's bene injured. Jaire got a big payday, now we can't get on the field. It seems the Packers are going out of their way to run cover for him.

There is nothing to play for at this point. All we could do is dominate three teams who sucks and possibly save Barry's job. NO thanks. I'm for Carolina scoring 30 on us! Then watch the sackless MLF let Barry finish the season anyway. 

Eh Barry's gone. Too much heat to re-sign him. 

We sneak into the playoffs. 9ers slip to 2 seed. We spoil  their hopes of a SB somehow. That's my dream.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Leader said:

I'm not sure what you've seen of Savage that makes you think he's got the coverage skills for the slot. When he's at Safety....when in many ways, stuffs in front of him (or coming at him) - he lacks coverage skills. How he'd manage in the slot - when he'd be required to move/cover in all directions (including backwards...which in this defense doesnt happen too often at Safety......) - I dont know. I'm not seeing it.....but I'm not gonna worry about it. That's next year stuff. 

From what I remember, Savage took snaps as a slot corner late last year, after he had been decidedly lackluster at safety(to the point of being demoted?), and apparently the overall feeling was he was better at that then as a straight-up safety.

6 hours ago, Zycho32 said:

From what I remember, Savage took snaps as a slot corner late last year, after he had been decidedly lackluster at safety(to the point of being demoted?), and apparently the overall feeling was he was better at that then as a straight-up safety.

Hmmmmmm....okay. Odd that he was considered better, but I didnt see (or recognize) it....so perhaps both true and surprising at the same time :)