Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

There's no reason to need Ja this week. Let him get one more week to matchup with Jefferson and Moore down the stretch.

Probably what the Packers are thinking.   Only problem is we can not afford another loss or the season is over.  Sit a bunch of guys this week taking the Panthers lightly and we'll probably end up getting beat.  

14 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Probably what the Packers are thinking.   Only problem is we can not afford another loss or the season is over.  Sit a bunch of guys this week taking the Panthers lightly and we'll probably end up getting beat.  

That.  And put Jaire on the field if he can go.  He is getting paid for it.  And it would be better to knock off any rust against a "lesser" opponent than against Jefferson.

This is only Packer news in the sense we play the Vikings next week. Sounds like they had 4 injuries which O'Connell said were significant.

The Minnesota Vikings are bracing for some "injury adversity," according to coach Kevin O'Connell, after four key players were unable to finish Sunday's 30-24 loss to the Detroit Lions.

Tight end T.J. Hockenson (knee), receiver Jordan Addison (ankle), linebacker D.J. Wonnum (quadriceps) and cornerback Mekhi Blackmon (shoulder) were all ruled out during Sunday's game.

Asked whether he believed the injuries to be significant, O'Connell said: "I do believe so. I can't confirm any of those, but with two weeks left to go [in the regular season] ... we've got some really tough guys. We've got some guys that are all trying to battle their way back in there, but I do believe so."

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

This is only Packer news in the sense we play the Vikings next week. Sounds like they had 4 injuries which O'Connell said were significant.

The Minnesota Vikings are bracing for some "injury adversity," according to coach Kevin O'Connell, after four key players were unable to finish Sunday's 30-24 loss to the Detroit Lions.

Tight end T.J. Hockenson (knee), receiver Jordan Addison (ankle), linebacker D.J. Wonnum (quadriceps) and cornerback Mekhi Blackmon (shoulder) were all ruled out during Sunday's game.

Asked whether he believed the injuries to be significant, O'Connell said: "I do believe so. I can't confirm any of those, but with two weeks left to go [in the regular season] ... we've got some really tough guys. We've got some guys that are all trying to battle their way back in there, but I do believe so."

This is the kind of news we DONT want at this stage of the year - when they have the potential to keep the player out till late next year.

27 minutes ago, Leader said:

This is the kind of news we DONT want at this stage of the year - when they have the potential to keep the player out till late next year.

Personally, don't ever want to see anyone suffer serious injuries. Not sure what 'significant' means.