Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Looks like Jordan Love is talking about the Harley he is going to buy when he gets his new deal.

If Love was smart, he'd put off that Harley until his playing days are over.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

If Love was smart, he'd put off that Harley until his playing days are over.

No kidding. My brother is huge into bikes and it seems like every year he is going to a funeral of another buddy. 

4 hours ago, Spartacus said:

No kidding. My brother is huge into bikes and it seems like every year he is going to a funeral of another buddy. 

Been riding motorcycles for over 40 years.  Never dumped one yet.  That being said I'm not the franchise QB for the Green Bay Packers.  So no Harley for you Love.  Besides people in GB drive almost as bad as Chicago.  Go figure.  They all drive aggressively.  Another reason no Harley for the Love Train.  

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

This from the guy who declared he was a bust before he started game 1 last year. I like him as much as Skip Clueless! 

He's not wrong with this take though. 

28 minutes ago, R T said:

His take on this is spot on.

It boggles my mind other teams haven't figured out the formula. That sums up the difference between Green Bay ownership situation and rest of the league. GM's do not have that long to wait on a quarterback to develop.

21 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Been riding motorcycles for over 40 years.  Never dumped one yet.  That being said I'm not the franchise QB for the Green Bay Packers.  So no Harley for you Love.  Besides people in GB drive almost as bad as Chicago.  Go figure.  They all drive aggressively.  Another reason no Harley for the Love Train.  

Having ridden a motorcycle for years (many years ago now) its usually when someone in another vehicle does something dumb that you  get caught out. I've had idiots pull out from a side-road to turn right in front of me and just gape at me (in my hi-vis) because they never looked - guess who suffers most in that collision. Other vehicles changing lanes without looking properly first, is another common cause of crashes. 

There is also stupidity of the motor-biker, like riding around at speed in a T shirt. If you ever come off doing say 40 mph dressed like that, you will know the meaning of road-rash.

The nearest I came to injury was speeding up (my mistake there, I'll admit) to cross some traffic lights on amber. The car in front was easily making it but must have seen the lights very late, panicked and just jammed the anchors on. I hit the brakes hard and sideswiped his rear - a fractionally different contact with his car and my leg would have been broken. My fault as I said, but you are making decisions constantly - and just one bad call can be an accident.

Then there is just bad luck, like a friend of mine who went back to bikes after years with a car and while he was getting the hang of things again he was leaning the bike going round a corner, only to see a huge pile of horsexxxx which he couldn't avoid. Off he came and he slid on his butt across the road barely avoiding an oncoming lorry. That was the end of his affair with bikes.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

His take on this is spot on.

It boggles my mind other teams haven't figured out the formula. That sums up the difference between Green Bay ownership situation and rest of the league. GM's do not have that long to wait on a quarterback to develop.

Other teams will be well aware of 'the formula' but lack the essential ingredients.

To implement 'the formula'  you need a top QB already on the roster like Favre and then like Rodgers. That is where the problem lies for many other teams. Also, you have to be smart enough to draft a new QB before the old one is toast........... and teams tend to fail there as well. Finally, that you also have to draft the right guy goes without saying, but it is another stumbling block for many teams.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Having ridden a motorcycle for years (many years ago now) its usually when someone in another vehicle does something dumb that you  get caught out. I've had idiots pull out from a side-road to turn right in front of me and just gape at me (in my hi-vis) because they never looked - guess who suffers most in that collision. Other vehicles changing lanes without looking properly first, is another common cause of crashes. 

There is also stupidity of the motor-biker, like riding around at speed in a T shirt. If you ever come off doing say 40 mph dressed like that, you will know the meaning of road-rash.

The nearest I came to injury was speeding up (my mistake there, I'll admit) to cross some traffic lights on amber. The car in front was easily making it but must have seen the lights very late, panicked and just jammed the anchors on. I hit the brakes hard and sideswiped his rear - a fractionally different contact with his car and my leg would have been broken. My fault as I said, but you are making decisions constantly - and just one bad call can be an accident.

Then there is just bad luck, like a friend of mine who went back to bikes after years with a car and while he was getting the hang of things again he was leaning the bike going round a corner, only to see a huge pile of horsexxxx which he couldn't avoid. Off he came and he slid on his butt across the road barely avoiding an oncoming lorry. That was the end of his affair with bikes.

This ☝️I've got nothing about motorcycles...it's just that out on the road there's so many variables that the driver doesnt control that could lead to serious injury or death. My "visualized" best ride would be across the open plains - where the nearest car is seen miles off and the sharp turns are non-existent. Touring.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, R T said:

He's also very passive-aggressive while sharing it and his flair for the dramatic is tired.  He prolly didn’t even watch Love play until the Cowboys game. 

Edited by thrILL!
🐮💩

2 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Leaning into a corner can be dangerous.  Loose gravel will take you out too.  Came close to biting it once.  Heavy fog driving my bike back from Door County to Milwaukee.  Was on HWY 42 between Algoma and Kewaunee.  Glasses were getting beaded up from the fog.  Couldn't see. Lowered my glasses and saw two sets of headlights coming at me.  Some jackass was trying to pass another car in the fog.  Missed him by a few inches.  Nearly put me in the ditch.  Just putt around nice and easy.  Drive defensive. It's the guys that drive aggressively that get hurt.  But regardless no Harley's for the Packers.  Holmgren used to have one.  Should have banned him too.