Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

On 7/13/2024 at 3:43 PM, Arthur Penske said:

I do wonder if something will happen with WR contracts that happened to RBs a few years ago. Certainly not as significant, but I don't see how you can pay someone who isn't QB the coin Jefferson etc are getting (or more). Especially if you have to pay a good QB.

I imagine gutey will pay 1 or two of his in the next few years depending on price then let the rest walk and try and draft their replacements. 

I do believe something like that will start to occur, and I believe we might be one of the teams to bring on that kind of change. There was always that "You don't get a third contract in Green Bay unless you're a QB". Well it seems like Gute is more and more comfortable avoiding a second contract unless you are a legit contributor. I could be wrong in the end, it's just a feeling I get from watching the man do his thing. 

30 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Seems NFL evaluators aren't as high on Tom as GB fans are...

NFL evaluators fail to acknowledge Zach Tom

I'm okidokie with this. The Packers never seem to get great accolades until the player is undeniable. I'll take the guy who you don't worry about on the edge all alone against anyone. Some guys on the list there who for sure have had more troubles than Zach

Be interested to see how long it took bakh to get on that list.

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

I'm okidokie with this. The Packers never seem to get great accolades until the player is undeniable. I'll take the guy who you don't worry about on the edge all alone against anyone. Some guys on the list there who for sure have had more troubles than Zach

Be interested to see how long it took bakh to get on that list.

I'm just fine with this also.  Might be easier to get him under contract.  Really that's all I care about.  After they are locked up great give them all the accolades they deserve.  Until then I'd prefer them to be underrated. 

I moved to Wisconsin for my Wife back in March because she works for Epic. I plan to go to a few Packers games, but man after taxes and fees for the Colts game is almost 400 a pop. Ticket resellers are way too greedy. 250 dollar ticket , out the door $385.

Edited by GHARMON9

1 hour ago, GHARMON9 said:

I moved to Wisconsin back in March because she works for Epic. I plan to go to a few Packers games, but man after taxes and fees for the Colts game is almost 400 a pop. Ticket resellers are way too greedy. 250 dollar ticket , out the door $385.

The prices are out of hand and it’s harder to walk up and find them on gameday with all of the ticket resale apps available now. The problem is those apps get their cut along with everyone else. I might go to the NO game in December but only if I get a good deal. It’s a Monday night in December so I’m hoping enough people decide they want to watch from home.

As an aside, I will be back in WI at the end of the month. I almost definitely will go check out a practice. It’s a pretty cool experience, as free as you want it to be and a good way to get a first look at new players and coaches. Of course you won’t know what it will mean for the actual games but it still feels like simpler times to park right next to the practice field, sneak in a few beers and watch your team for free. 

2 minutes ago, Refugee said:

The prices are out of hand and it’s harder to walk up and find them on gameday with all of the ticket resale apps available now. The problem is those apps get their cut along with everyone else. I might go to the NO game in December but only if I get a good deal. It’s a Monday night in December so I’m hoping enough people decide they want to watch from home.

As an aside, I will be back in WI at the end of the month. I almost definitely will go check out a practice. It’s a pretty cool experience, as free as you want it to be and a good way to get a first look at new players and coaches. Of course you won’t know what it will mean for the actual games but it still feels like simpler times to park right next to the practice field, sneak in a few beers and watch your team for free. 

How's the experience with the bleachers vs actual seats? 

1 hour ago, GHARMON9 said:

How's the experience with the bleachers vs actual seats? 

At the practices or games? Lambeau is mostly bleachers but hopefully you’re only using your seat for 50% of the game or so despite what some old codger behind you might say (I do look for tickets at the back row of sections because I know I’m goin to be standing a bunch).

Practices, I get to Nitschke Field 30 min ahead and have my “coffee” cup and a printed out roster by number and always get a good spot. It fills up pretty quickly after that. Bleachers just add to the old school feel as far as I’m concerned. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

Another great thing about not having an owner. We have to report this. It's cool to see just how much the NFL is killing it. 

Yep, and how much they would fudge the numbers if they could. Inflate for new loans and lowball around tax time. At least the public ownership in GB allows for some transparency and that’s good for everyone (except the greedy owners). 

• Like 2

On 7/16/2024 at 7:49 AM, GHARMON9 said:

I moved to Wisconsin for my Wife back in March because she works for Epic. I plan to go to a few Packers games, but man after taxes and fees for the Colts game is almost 400 a pop. Ticket resellers are way too greedy. 250 dollar ticket , out the door $385.

You can't buy tickets well ahead of time.  They will rape you.  Best thing to do is wait until a day or two before kickoff.  Ticket prices falll the closer you get to the game.  That Colts game should be around $150-$250 per ticket depending on where the seats are.  Just got to be patient and keep an eye on prices as the game approaches.  Can't plan ahead that's the ***** about it.  

• Like 1