Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Jerseys look terrible and we should convince them to destroy all the white helmets immediately. Having a white out October 13th is poor to me. Do it when it could snow or don’t do it. 

Should’ve done a black out. We’ve seen those helmets, they ARE sick compared to the white and nearly as nice as the yellow. 

Overall, this reaffirms my belief in yellow helmet. Yellow Helmets league wide actually. Both LA teams got pretty sick lids with a lighting bolt and a ram antler. Pittsburgh knew the only way they could improve with such a dominant logo on a black shell was to throw the sweet yellow stripe to be visible from all angles. God damn that’s a nice setup. You ever see a Viking helmet without that little half comma of what people say is the color of insanity? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Zycho32 said:

this is why I found the Jets retro look through the 21st century to be increasingly boring; when they had a more vibrant green during their Namath days, it rocked!

I felt like the Jets had the dull hunter green during the Namath days and switched it up to that nice Kelly green in the mid 70s through the mid 90s. 

I hated those throwbacks, ugly uni IMO

1 hour ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I felt like the Jets had the dull hunter green during the Namath days and switched it up to that nice Kelly green in the mid 70s through the mid 90s. 

I hated those throwbacks, ugly uni IMO

The color seemed to come out much better in the photography of that day.

The Kelly's quite fine as a color, would be totally into the idea of the ol' throwback going with that instead of the Hunter.

11 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

I'm okay with no yellow stripe on the helmet. No Yellow Stripers Unite!

I like the left. It mixes things up a bit and is something different. The yellow stripes on jersey / pants keeps it from being totally white / green.

I get the argument that if you're going to have the yellow stripe in the rest of the uniform, it should also be on the helmet. But when I just look at the helmet, the yellow stripe looks gaudy and out of place. I think the helmet is better without it.  

• Like 3