Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

13 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

And here you were saying we couldn’t even put together a 53.

We still have guys that don’t belong. Offensive line in particular. 

Also, wasn’t it you that said Dubose would make it through waivers? As long as we are doing the gotcha thing. 

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Also, wasn’t it you that said Dubose would make it through waivers? As long as we are doing the gotcha thing. 

Mmm nah. They all belong.

No i was the guy in favor of keeping dubose. Id have had the chance with heath but he was still worthy of the 53 but dubose was my preference but good try!

Just like Gute said. Had to cut some players who had a shot at being claimed. Unfortunately this yeat they did. Weve got guys on thr PS who also belong on a 53 still.

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

No one in the NFL has a set 53.  Those last few spots are always being worked over or churned.

In the case of our OL.....I'm not sure that you are either right or wrong.  It's so unproven and young that I'm not exactly sure what we have there.  I'm not even positive about Dillard, as he looked passable in the 2nd pre-season game going against 1's with a very bland offensive scheme.  

Unproven to me doesn't mean they don't belong.

But I do feel your pain there on the OL.  It would be nice to have some guys that we have faith in because we've seen them "do it" before and that is lacking.

• Like 1

It's easy to make a case for any of GB's top 4 WR's being the guy who will lead the team in rec, yards or td's for 2024.  Picking the names randomly will make you as likely to be correct as anyone else.

• Like 2

Clay Mathews and Aaron Kampman go into the GB HoF. The part of Clay’s Speech that I watched reminded me that TT traded a 2nd and two 3rds to get back into the 1st round to take a player that really didn’t do too much in college. Very glad that gamble paid off because if that pick busted, that would be a big part of what people remembered about our former GM. Glad both of those players, and Ted will be remembered in Packers history. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reaper said:

Whatever happened to meriweather? I might be the only one who kind of liked him??

He's on the practice squad. Likely will be a call up Friday if Lloyd is not ready with his hammy. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Interesting. Was a big fan of Hadden during the draft, had him a few mocks to us on day 3. A shoulder injury in college derailed a good year for him. 

I saw Samaje Perine was cut and thought he could play the snow plow role AJD had.  I guess he went to the Chiefs and we got his skinnier cousin. Well, no shortage of big dogs in the back field. 

https://www.packers.com/photos/behind-the-scenes-packers-take-2024-team-photo-inside-lambeau-field#afcc4d6a-d01f-44c5-8afa-915d5c79c9c2