Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It would need to be player for player, what value is a pick to a team with championship aspirations? Not saying he's as good, but it's like San Fran with Aiyuk, the window is open, so unless you get another player at a different position who can help you more, doesn't make sense.

True but depends on how all this shakes out.  If he continues to no show he's gone.  Think Gute would entertain a player or draft capital.  He loves his draft capital.  We can live without Doubs.  Wicks would just take over his role.  Does leave us a little thin on depth but don't think it would affect our championship aspirations.  Maybe we could flip him to Miami for a 3rd and DuBose.  Still pissed we let him get poached. 

35 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Teams might have jumped the gun on this.  GB will first try to work it out with Doubs much like they did with Alexander.  Any more problems with him they will start fielding calls.  Still can't believe he'd pull such a boneheaded move.  

Alexander was nearly impossible for GB to trade due to his contract/ deadcap.   Doubs would be easy from the contract/ deadcap perspective 

Not worried about Doubs.  He'll be back next week.  Don't think this helps his long term status in Green Bay, but he'll be fine for the next couple of years.

The grass isn't always greener, DaVante can tell you that.

29 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It would need to be player for player, what value is a pick to a team with championship aspirations? Not saying he's as good, but it's like San Fran with Aiyuk, the window is open, so unless you get another player at a different position who can help you more, doesn't make sense.

Agreed player would be better than a pick.  But if Doubs value decreases from now until 2025, hypothetically a 2025 4th now  is better than a 2025 7th in March. 

The question now is whether Doubs genuinely recognizes how bad of a decision this was and looks to earn trust back, or doubles down on not being happy.  Anyone who thinks what Doubs is doing won't have an impact on the WR room vibes is kidding themselves.  This is as selfish of a "me first" diva stunt as I can remember coming from a Packers player. 

• Like 2

I wonder if Gute has reconciled things with Doubs and they've agreed to move forward with a 1 game suspension part of the deal. Or whether they suspended him now to make sure they don't have to pay him for this game, with his future still to be decided.

4 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

I wonder if Gute has reconciled things with Doubs and they've agreed to move forward with a 1 game suspension part of the deal. Or whether they suspended him now to make sure they don't have to pay him for this game, with his future still to be decided.

Not gonna worry about him till Monday. He's not in LA and we've got a game to win.

I'm still kind of shocked and miffed over the Doubs situation. I disagree that his fate is already decided. I believe how he handles things from now and until the end of the season will decide it. I'm not ready to give up on Doubs. What he did in Dallas is what he brings to the table.

He's got those strong hands that snatches the ball out the air and he's a good red zone threat. I believe the balls Wicks dropped Doubs catches those because of his stronger hands. I think he's a little upset that he's getting less looks because of Wicks and Reed.

Love does seem like he has a better connection with Wicks and Reed over Doubs. I get it, these guys want to get paid and want more opportunities to earn those big contracts. Think he got upset because Love kept force feeding Wicks last week taking away his targets. Not going to lie, after Watson went down seemed like Love threw to Wicks more than Doubs.

I hope everything works out because the beauty of this receiver room is that everyone brings a little something different to the table. Doubs is our possession/big play receiver. We seen that in the playoffs. Hope he gets his head right, because he's the last guy I would've imagined doing this.