Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

So I posted here a few weeks back that my wife spent the day with former Packer special teams ace Jarrett Bush, who now owns a salon in Green Bay? 

It popped up on my feed that his reason for opening a salon was that after he was divorced, he had no idea how to do his daughters' hair and really struggled with it, so he opened a salon that features people trained to work on all hair types so that there are options in the city for POC. 

Pretty awesome. 

• Like 4

Doubs spoke today, kinda.  

Can’t seem to link it, buts it’s on Packers.com 

It was a tough watch. Looks like he’s gonna have a heart attack in first couple of questions. Have no clue what to think now, not sure what to believe or how he will perform after this.  Gonna just have to watch on Sunday, I guess. 

10 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

Doubs spoke today, kinda.  

Can’t seem to link it, buts it’s on Packers.com 

It was a tough watch. Looks like he’s gonna have a heart attack in first couple of questions. Have no clue what to think now, not sure what to believe or how he will perform after this.  Gonna just have to watch on Sunday, I guess. 

He’s always been in a different frequency and clearly doesn’t like to be under the microscope. He only has his actions to blame for the extra attention so I don’t feel too bad for him making millions to play a game. At the same time, that is a lot of pressure and not everyone is going to take it the same way.

For me, it just seems so short sighted. Game 4 and you have gotten and will get targets. It’s a crowded room but Doubs has been a go to guy, especially in got to have it situations. He could very likely have a huge game like he did in the playoffs on any given Sunday and the team who sign his next contract will look at his whole body of work, not just fantasy numbers. He was the quiet worker who might just be a little odd but shy. Now he’s disgruntled and possibly a headache for someone who wants him long term. It’s up to him to change the narrative now. 

Don't know where to exactly put this but, man, I still can't believe we didn't go for 2 vs Arizona after the Hail Mary to Janis back in 2016. We were short handed on offense, had a miracle fall into our lap to make it 20-19 and we were on the road. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Don't know where to exactly put this but, man, I still can't believe we didn't go for 2 vs Arizona after the Hail Mary to Janis back in 2016. We were short handed on offense, had a miracle fall into our lap to make it 20-19 and we were on the road. 

As I recall, we had a stack of injuries before the game, in game and even Janis himself after he got rocked catching his second longball. In hindsight you go for it but situationally we were down to the backend of the depth chart especially at OL and WR. Tough place to go for it. 

2 minutes ago, Refugee said:

As I recall, we had a stack of injuries before the game, in game and even Janis himself after he got rocked catching his second longball. In hindsight you go for it but situationally we were down to the backend of the depth chart especially at OL and WR. Tough place to go for it. 

The way I see it is, you steal a victory in a game you had no business winning, and figure it out going forward. Or you lose a game you should've lost anyways. At home? Sure, play for the tie. On the road? Either steal the win or go home.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

The way I see it is, you steal a victory in a game you had no business winning, and figure it out going forward. Or you lose a game you should've lost anyways. At home? Sure, play for the tie. On the road? Either steal the win or go home.

We 100% should have gone for 2.

Any time you're the "underdog" or outmatched like we were that game due to injuries, you try to shorten the game every chance you get. You definitely don't try to extend it. I was irate at that decision at the time. Was stupid not to. 

• Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

We 100% should have gone for 2.

Any time you're the "underdog" or outmatched like we were that game due to injuries, you try to shorten the game every chance you get. You definitely don't try to extend it. I was irate at that decision at the time. Was stupid not to. 

💯

3 hours ago, Refugee said:

He’s always been in a different frequency and clearly doesn’t like to be under the microscope. He only has his actions to blame for the extra attention so I don’t feel too bad for him making millions to play a game. At the same time, that is a lot of pressure and not everyone is going to take it the same way.

For me, it just seems so short sighted. Game 4 and you have gotten and will get targets. It’s a crowded room but Doubs has been a go to guy, especially in got to have it situations. He could very likely have a huge game like he did in the playoffs on any given Sunday and the team who sign his next contract will look at his whole body of work, not just fantasy numbers. He was the quiet worker who might just be a little odd but shy. Now he’s disgruntled and possibly a headache for someone who wants him long term. It’s up to him to change the narrative now. 

Think Huber's reporting may have been off.  Watched Rome's interview.  Soft spoken in a loud lockerroom.  He had something mentally going on not related to the Packers.  Didn't want to talk about it sounds quite personal.  Maybe girl trouble who knows.  Should have communicated with the team rather than a no show.  Although a break up with your girl or whatever his problem was probably doesn't meet the standard of personal time off.  Dunno strange deal we'll probably never know what really happened.  

Didn't sound like it was football related at all.  Which would obviously make a lot more sense.  If I had to guess I'll stick with the dude had girl trouble.  We've all been there and it can mess you up pretty bad.  No excuse for a no show of course.  He knows he screwed up and seems grateful to be back.  Oh well that's my speculation on this whole deal. 

5 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Think Huber's reporting may have been off.  Watched Rome's interview.  Soft spoken in a loud lockerroom.  He had something mentally going on not related to the Packers.  Didn't want to talk about it sounds quite personal.  Maybe girl trouble who knows.  Should have communicated with the team rather than a no show.  Although a break up with your girl or whatever his problem was probably doesn't meet the standard of personal time off.  Dunno strange deal we'll probably never know what really happened.  

Didn't sound like it was football related at all.  Which would obviously make a lot more sense.  If I had to guess I'll stick with the dude had girl trouble.  We've all been there and it can mess you up pretty bad.  No excuse for a no show of course.  He knows he screwed up and seems grateful to be back.  Oh well that's my speculation on this whole deal. 

Maybe the issue is he has been to too many P Diddy parties

9 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Disagree. Huber made a good point after people were coming after him, the Packers wouldn't have suspended him for an actual "mental health" issue. He just ****ed up and make a dumb decision.

• Like 1