Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

6 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

If he is good, I don't care if he is a seeing eye dog.

I hope like hell he's good. I just find it very unsettling that we're constantly bringing in former players. The best front office and coaching talents in the world can't all have coincidentally played for the Packers. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

That's more an example of knowing where the ball is going to be, and winning early in the route getting the DB on your hip than it is explosiveness at the top of the route. I don't disagree with the conclusion being drawn, but that's not a great example. 

It was a more detailed and complete thread which didnt transfer over regards Nelson's decline. You'll have to visit the Twitter account to get the additional frames and videos.

"Free agency is still over a month away, but the Green Bay Packers have an undeniable need for speed at receiver, and several intriguing options figure to be available when the market opens in March"

Marqise Lee, Jacksonville Jaguars

Donte Moncrief, Indianapolis Colts

Paul Richardson, Seattle Seahawks

Terrelle Pryor, Washington Redskins

John Brown, Arizona Cardinals

http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/25/5-intriguing-wrs-the-packers-could-consider-in-free-agency/

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That's more an example of knowing where the ball is going to be, and winning early in the route getting the DB on your hip than it is explosiveness at the top of the route. I don't disagree with the conclusion being drawn, but that's not a great example. 

It's a good example showing that Jordy used to be a top level athlete. That speed is gone.

13 hours ago, Leader said:

"Free agency is still over a month away, but the Green Bay Packers have an undeniable need for speed at receiver, and several intriguing options figure to be available when the market opens in March"

Marqise Lee, Jacksonville Jaguars

Donte Moncrief, Indianapolis Colts

Paul Richardson, Seattle Seahawks

Terrelle Pryor, Washington Redskins

John Brown, Arizona Cardinals

http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/25/5-intriguing-wrs-the-packers-could-consider-in-free-agency/

Moncrief intrigues me the most from that list. Richardson and Lee have shown you can't depend on them to stay healthy. Has a great combination of size and speed that we don't have. Brown is right there with Richardson and Lee because of his sickle-cell issue. 

27 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

Moncrief intrigues me the most from that list. Richardson and Lee have shown you can't depend on them to stay healthy. Has a great combination of size and speed that we don't have. Brown is right there with Richardson and Lee because of his sickle-cell issue. 

Intrigued as well - but given the serious MONEY BAGS we're up against throughout the league. I mean, some teams are just filthy rich right now - so we'd need to do a drop and swap at the WR position in order to pay for him. IMO of course. 

Edited by Leader

"Green Bay Packers receiver Davante Adams said everything is fine between him and Carolina Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis after the two spoke face-to-face this week for the first time since Adams accused Davis of "head hunting" for a blindside hit that gave him a concussion"

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22225951/davante-adams-green-bay-packers-thomas-davis-carolina-panthers-apologize

Edited by Leader

9 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Maybe because he’s a very obscure player who hasn’t played in the league for over four years?  I’ve never heard of him either.  Guess his brother David had a more prolific NFL career.  I had no idea Bakhtiari was Icelandic and Iranian?

Where you hear about Eric?

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Maybe because he’s a very obscure player who hasn’t played in the league for over four years?  I’ve never heard of him either.  Guess his brother David had a more prolific NFL career.  I had no idea Bakhtiari was Icelandic and Iranian?

Where you hear about Eric?

Yeah I guess. Usually you hear oh his brother played, even if he was a bum.

Total rabbit hole. I'm reading something about Blount on here, and then it said he was on the Titans, and I was like he was? So I go to Wikipedia and see he was cut in Sept after signing there after the draft. But as I'm skimming I see this:

"In August 2010, Blount was involved in another incident in which he threw a punch, this time at teammate defensive end Eric Bakhtiari" and it's like okay let's click that and see if they are related...and sure enough.