Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Graham had 16 games and dealt with a damn broken thumb for ten games in Aaron's worst season of football. 

This notion that Cook was somehow electric and Graham was trash is so false. 

Cook had 5 games under 20 yards receiving.  Graham had 4.  Three of which were with a ****ing broken thumb. 

My point was the season numbers don't matter when there is a 6 game difference. Look at the per game stats if you want a statistical comparison. 

Just now, JBURGE said:

My point was the season numbers don't matter when there is a 6 game difference. Look at the per game stats if you want a statistical comparison. 

Cwood probably just missed the game differential. I'm sure he wasnt trying to mislead folks.

31 minutes ago, Leader said:
33 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Cwood probably just missed the game differential. I'm sure he wasnt trying to mislead folks.

Cwood is an involved enough Packer fan to remember Cook getting the high ankle sprain and being out for weeks. 

21 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Dude c'mon. 

Jimmy Graham - games played = 16 
Jared Cook - games played = 10

Now we're praising Jared Cook for missing 16 games?  Secondly, I was talking about his first season after Green Bay.  He put up similar numbers in his first year in Oakland as did Jimmy Graham did in Green Bay.  One is being praised as this huge FA mistake and the other is being discussed as a cap casualty.  Why?  They put up pretty much the same damn numbers.

21 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Jared Cook in 2018: 68 receptions, 896 yards, and 6 TDs.

Martellus Bennet in 2018: >$4M against the Packers salary cap ... for dumping on the organization while sitting at home and chomping edibles.

There's a whole lot of hindsight being used in this thread.  Majority of the forum was stoked when they signed Martellus Bennett.

21 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Where does your eye test come in? Come on, we can't seriously be comparing these two. Rodgers needs a TE like Finley or Cook, it's blatantly obvious. Bennett and Graham were square pegs we are forcing through round holes. The % Rodgers throws over the middle of the field with Cook/Finley versus what he's done with Rich Rod, Donald Lee, Martellus Bennett and Jimmy Graham is probably a drastic stat. Rodgers wants a move tight end, it's beyond obvious.

How much do you think Jimmy Graham and Jared Cook differentiate?

20 hours ago, JBURGE said:

This forum has become such a joke

My point with the cwood quote was that posting just the stats is ridiculous 

It isn't when you realize what SEASON I'm using.  I used the first season AFTER he left Green Bay.  In his first season in Oakland, he played in 16 games.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

And thus this is the mistake @incognito_man and I are referring to is it not??

Maybe.  But people are using hindsight to make this argument.  I'd still argue that those draft pick mistakes set back the franchise further.  Those are guys you could reasonably put in your lineup for the next 10+ years.  How many more years of good Jared Cook are you going to get?

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

How much do you think Jimmy Graham and Jared Cook differentiate?

Significantly. Graham is a classic height TE that lives in the world of 50/50 balls as they age. Like Gronk, Tony G, eventually Kelce. Cook is a move TE that will be out of the league when the speed goes, he wins with separation over size. Similar to Kittle, Finley, Davis.

Rodgers clearly prefers a move TE.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Significantly. Graham is a classic height TE that lives in the world of 50/50 balls as they age. Like Gronk, Tony G, eventually Kelce. Cook is a move TE that will be out of the league when the speed goes, he wins with separation over size. Similar to Kittle, Finley, Davis.

Rodgers clearly prefers a move TE.

Jimmy Graham ins't an "in-line" TE, so doesn't that make him a move TE by default?

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Maybe.  But people are using hindsight to make this argument.  I'd still argue that those draft pick mistakes set back the franchise further.  Those are guys you could reasonably put in your lineup for the next 10+ years.  How many more years of good Jared Cook are you going to get?

Neither of us are arguing that. 31 other teams would rather have Alvin Kamara than their 3rd round pick. 31 teams would rather have taken David Bahktiari over their 4th rounder. That's the draft. It's a crapshoot. Re-signing a player who was a great fit for your organization shouldn't be a crapshoot. That's why it's one of the biggest blunders of the organization, it was obvious and they still screwed it up.