Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Graham had 16 games and dealt with a damn broken thumb for ten games in Aaron's worst season of football. 

This notion that Cook was somehow electric and Graham was trash is so false. 

Cook had 5 games under 20 yards receiving.  Graham had 4.  Three of which were with a ****ing broken thumb. 

Where does your eye test come in? Come on, we can't seriously be comparing these two. Rodgers needs a TE like Finley or Cook, it's blatantly obvious. Bennett and Graham were square pegs we are forcing through round holes. The % Rodgers throws over the middle of the field with Cook/Finley versus what he's done with Rich Rod, Donald Lee, Martellus Bennett and Jimmy Graham is probably a drastic stat. Rodgers wants a move tight end, it's beyond obvious.

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Packers record in the games Graham played: 6-9-1

Packers record in the games Cook played: 8-2

Aaron Rodgers in the games Graham played: 62% comp 25TD/2 INT (16 games)

Aaron Rodgers in the games Cook played: 67% comp 25 TD/1INT (10 games)

Packers PPG with Graham: 23.5

Packers PPG with Cook: 28.5

Just a bad comparison.

Get over yourself. 

Packers other options in the games Graham played - Davante Adams.
Packers other options in the games Cook played - ****ing Jordy ****ing Nelson, ****ing Davante Adams, Randall Cobb, with good Lane Taylor, TJ Lang, Bulaga, Bakhtiari...

Don't even give me that bull crap.  Rodgers sucked in 2018 worse than any other year and I've posted here literally (exact meaning of literally, not hyperbole) no less than 10 times visual evidence of Rodgers refusing to throw to a wide open Jimmy Graham. 

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Get over yourself. 

Packers other options in the games Cook played - ****ing Jordy ****ing Nelson, ****ing Davante Adams, Randall Cobb, with good Lane Taylor, TJ Lang, Bulaga, Bakhtiari...

Don't even give me that bull crap.  Rodgers sucked in 2018 worse than any other year and I've posted here literally (exact meaning of literally, not hyperbole) no less than 10 times visual evidence of Rodgers refusing to throw to a wide open Jimmy Graham. 

Rodgers had those same guys minus Cook in 2016. We went 2-4.

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Get over yourself. 

Rodgers with all those guys minus Cook in 2016: 15 TDs/ 6 INTs

Rodgers with Cook: 25 TDs/ 1 INT

22 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Where does your eye test come in?

Jimmy just lumbers down the field...although I think he looks a bit more spry this year than last
Now he needs to focus on his basketball prowess and box out and out- rebound the DBs. He's always had those skills, but they're more important now than in the past. In one of the articles I read they talked about how different DCs handle Jimmy. If you don't pay attention to him, he can hurt you. But you also can't waste a double team on him anymore. Glad to have him and AR will continue lean on him in the red zone based on his vertical separation

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Nevermind. 

It is a tough argument with Ray, OP I believe in Graham and last week showed that. He is a much different receiver then Cook though. Cook still has speed, Graham is slower but hopefully for us having his experience will be key. Cook prior to his recent times was not known for much which doesn't help. All in all he would have been a good resign for us. Graham we need to use him and use him well and he will provide a decent player. He just won't blow the seam away like Cook will.

12 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Jimmy just lumbers down the field...although I think he looks a bit more spry this year than last
Now he needs to focus on his basketball prowess and box out and out- rebound the DBs. He's always had those skills, but they're more important now than in the past. In one of the articles I read they talked about how different DCs handle Jimmy. If you don't pay attention to him, he can hurt you. But you also can't waste a double team on him anymore. Glad to have him and AR will continue lean on him in the red zone based on his vertical separation

Decent view he should be a big first down and TD target he is no idiot and knows how to get open and has good hands. If we grow Bob T and sprinkle him in we should be fine at TE this year and can get Jace back for the second half. Bob should be the seam breaker and burner at our TE position.

16 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

It is a tough argument with Ray, OP I believe in Graham and last week showed that. He is a much different receiver then Cook though. Cook still has speed, Graham is slower but hopefully for us having his experience will be key. Cook prior to his recent times was not known for much which doesn't help. All in all he would have been a good resign for us. Graham we need to use him and use him well and he will provide a decent player. He just won't blow the seam away like Cook will.

I fail to see where @incognito_man point that Cook's departure somehow means Graham is bad. He's been alright here, I have no qualms with him on the roster. Cook was a better fit. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I fail to see where @incognito_man point that Cook's departure somehow means Graham is bad. He's been alright here, I have no qualms with him on the roster. Cook was a better fit. 

I agree i did not see you saying that, Cook would have been a nice fit that speed would be nice right now bot hopefully Bobby Tonyan can be that for us. With that said TT made a mistake their i think Ego got in the way and or something with Cook. We would be well under the cost of Graham. Hindsight and it sucks but we have what we have.

• Like 1