Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Andy Herman: Last time Davante Adams had two straight weeks without a touchdown was November 20, 2016. That’s legit insane. He did have 2 games back to back on 11/6/17 but had a bye in the middle of the two games & even that’s insane.

Edited by Leader

15 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I really expected to see more of Aaron Jones in the pass game against the Bears .. hope we start to see what this offense is really supposed to look like in the next few weeks.  Based off of what I saw this past week it still looked the same "Aaron Rodgers holds the ball too long and passes up check-down options, and then gets sacked", offense.

I didn't see that at all. 4 of the 5 sacks were on 3rd and long, with the other being on 2nd down which, IIRC, the pocket collapsed fast.

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I didn't see that at all. 4 of the 5 sacks were on 3rd and long, with the other being on 2nd down which, IIRC, the pocket collapsed fast.

A saw some cut-ups somewhere that showed he had some open receivers, but didn't pull the trigger and took sacks.  On one he had both Graham and MVS open and held the ball and took a sack.  Both guys seemed to have plenty of room to work with had their received the football.  Rodgers was cautious and indecisive at times in my opinion.  

"Sports betting has come full circle for Paul Hornung.

Hornung, the Hall of Fame Packers running back who was suspended from the NFL for the entire 1963 season for gambling, has lived long enough to see sports betting celebrated. Today in Indiana, which has just legalized sports betting, Hornung is placing the ceremonial first bet at a new sports book "

gotta wonder who/what he's betting on ?

17 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

"Sports betting has come full circle for Paul Hornung.

Hornung, the Hall of Fame Packers running back who was suspended from the NFL for the entire 1963 season for gambling, has lived long enough to see sports betting celebrated. Today in Indiana, which has just legalized sports betting, Hornung is placing the ceremonial first bet at a new sports book "

gotta wonder who/what he's betting on ?

Notre Dame on a bloated *** point spread like every ND probably lol

4 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

A saw some cut-ups somewhere that showed he had some open receivers, but didn't pull the trigger and took sacks.  On one he had both Graham and MVS open and held the ball and took a sack.  Both guys seemed to have plenty of room to work with had their received the football.  Rodgers was cautious and indecisive at times in my opinion.  

Cuts-ups are deceiving sometimes.  Just because a WR looks open on a youtube clip doesn't mean he was open when the QB was going through his progressions.  

5 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

MVS was open in the middle, maybe 2 yards behind the sticks. It was an easy throw, granted Rodgers was locked onto Graham in the flat. But you really question what Rodgers is looking at these days. He's always had an aversion to throwing in the middle of the field, since he's seemingly obsessed with QBR. 

Edited by Howler