Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

25 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

And that's my point.  Anyone who says they preferred Jared Cook to Martellus Bennett is lying to themselves, or using hindsight to argue otherwise.  And even then, the production that Jared Cook had in his first year away from Green Bay was identical to that of Jimmy Graham's last year.

And still, after all this wisdom you've shared, it is still obviously a huge mistake that GB didn't make Cook a long-term Packer as was the original statement.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

A saw some cut-ups somewhere that showed he had some open receivers, but didn't pull the trigger and took sacks.  On one he had both Graham and MVS open and held the ball and took a sack.  Both guys seemed to have plenty of room to work with had their received the football.  Rodgers was cautious and indecisive at times in my opinion.  

Do you have links to cut-ups?

17 hours ago, Leader said:

Tom Silverstein:  WR Donald Driver, TE Keith Jackson, S LeRoy Butler, K Ryan Longwell and S Nick Collins are long-time Packers who are on the initial modern era nominee list for the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Driver doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame.  Leroy Butler does.  Nick Collins does, and Collins would have been first ballot if he hadn't suffered the injury. 

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Driver doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame.  Leroy Butler does.  Nick Collins does, and Collins would have been first ballot if he hadn't suffered the injury. 

Can't see Collins getting a serious look. Career was too short. Agree talent wise he fits but longevity is part of being a HOFer. Unfortunate injury derailed a HOF career. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Can't see Collins getting a serious look. Career was too short. Agree talent wise he fits but longevity is part of being a HOFer. Unfortunate injury derailed a HOF career. 

Yeah I agree. No way Collins even sniffs it due to the injury. That whole deal was devastating for him and the Packers trajectory/ super bowl window.

24 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Agree about Driver and Butler. Not sure about Collins, but will take your word for it cause I dont have a feel for his career in a HOF context. 

Just now, Leader said:

Agree about Driver and Butler. Not sure about Collins, but will take your word for it cause I dont have a feel for his career in a HOF context. 

You don't have a feel for his career in a HOF context? 

No offense, but how in the hell not? 

He had 21 interceptions, 6 forced fumbles and 4 touchdowns in six full seasons.  In 2008 he had 7 interceptions and 295 INT return yards. 

He had a pick six in a Super Bowl that led to a 6 point win for the Packers. 

For a modern day comparison, Earl Thomas has 21 interceptions, 9 forced fumbles and 1 touchdown in his first 6 seasons. 

It was Charles Woodson and Nick Collins that quarterbacks feared most on our defense.  Nick Collins was absolutely heading towards a Hall of Fame career. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You don't have a feel for his career in a HOF context? No offense, but how in the hell not?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........because I dont?LOL.

Whats difficult to understand about that. I've not considered his career. Outside of his SB interception, I cant recall a highlight - but thats on me - not him - hence, I'm not offering an opinion about him regards the HOF.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You don't have a feel for his career in a HOF context? 

No offense, but how in the hell not? 

He had 21 interceptions, 6 forced fumbles and 4 touchdowns in six full seasons.  In 2008 he had 7 interceptions and 295 INT return yards. 

He had a pick six in a Super Bowl that led to a 6 point win for the Packers. 

For a modern day comparison, Earl Thomas has 21 interceptions, 9 forced fumbles and 1 touchdown in his first 6 seasons. 

It was Charles Woodson and Nick Collins that quarterbacks feared most on our defense.  Nick Collins was absolutely heading towards a Hall of Fame career. 

If Earl Thomas retired after 6 seasons he wouldn't have made it either, as you know.

Nick Collins was my favourite player, but he won't make the NFL HOF. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

If Earl Thomas retired after 6 seasons he wouldn't have made it either, as you know.

Nick Collins was my favourite player, but he won't make the NFL HOF. 

Agreed but looking at the current list of possible inductees there could be a chance.

3 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Agreed but looking at the current list of possible inductees there could be a chance.

Maybe I am missing something are you insinuating that some of these guys are going to get in even though they seem to be less qualified simply due to the weak class? Why would they just not vote them in since they do not qualify?