Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Wth is going on?

I'm sure Nike had an issue with it having already mass-produced his jersey for this year. He'd likely be able to switch to 21 next season if he chooses. On a much larger scale, LeBron had the same issue when he wanted to give up 23 to Davis in LA. Nike basically told him he had to wait until the 2020-2021 season so the inventory sells itself first.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

I'm sure Nike had an issue with it having already mass-produced his jersey for this year. He'd likely be able to switch to 21 next season if he chooses. On a much larger scale, LeBron had the same issue when he wanted to give up 23 to Davis in LA. Nike basically told him he had to wait until the 2020-2021 season so the inventory sells itself first.

I know Adrian Peterson and Chad Ochocinco/Johnson were told that if they wanted to change the name/number on the jersey, they’d have to purchase the existing stock of jerseys first. Otherwise they can I think notify the league ahead of time and then make the change once existing jersey stock is sold

Tom Silverstein: As of the most recent calculations from the NFL Players Association, the Packers are $16.1 million under the salary cap. That does not include the addition of ILB B.J. Goodson. It does include dead money from those who were recently cut.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Adam Schefter: Before the NFL season kicks off tonight in Chicago, Packers’ QB Aaron Rodgers donated 375 VICIS ZERO1 helmets to three Northern California High Schools - one year after horrific wildfires destroyed much of that area.

OBJ also donated a bunch of nike cleats to a high school in Cleveland. Need to hear more of these things going on as there are a lot of good people in professional sports. 

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Sounds like some new stuff is planned for week 2, etc to make lambeau more challenging for visiting teams. Love it. 

Snatching fog horn and flickering lights. 

What would be most effective would probably be removing Norma from the stadium and replace the Miller lite fans. There's a reason Seattle sports are so loud, everyone checks out one way or another before 50.