Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Personally, I think Rodgers has been playing better BECAUSE Davante is out.  I'm very nervous about when Davante comes back because at that point, Rodgers might not distribute the ball as well as he has in the past four games. 

I think the production of the running backs is what is driving the offense, and getting Devante back will allow the Packers to leverage the running back game even more.

Key will be the health of the running backs.

2 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I think the production of the running backs is what is driving the offense, and getting Devante back will allow the Packers to leverage the running back game even more. Key will be the health of the running backs.

Exactly. Good point. Wish I had more confidence in Dexter Williams.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Dilfer just called the GBPs the second best team in the NFCN - because of the defense. He's still sore from all the losses he led the Bucs to.

Vikings and packers are very closely matched. But the back end of the vikings defense isn't that solid. Rhodes is a corpse. 

1 hour ago, Howler said:

Vikings and packers are very closely matched. But the back end of the vikings defense isn't that solid. Rhodes is a corpse. 

Talk about falling off a cliff.  Rhodes descent this year.  But yeah, both teams are very close actually.  They have a bit more speed, but so do most teams.

1 hour ago, Howler said:

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

Talk about falling off a cliff.  Rhodes descent this year.  But yeah, both teams are very close actually.  They have a bit more speed, but so do most teams.

Man, when did Rhodes start to stink?

I thought he was great.  Elite.

I looked at PFF and he's got a score of 47.4.  Which is fourth on his team out of the four corners who have played!  How did I miss that regression?

Just now, vegas492 said:

Man, when did Rhodes start to stink?

I thought he was great.  Elite.

I looked at PFF and he's got a score of 47.4.  Which is fourth on his team out of the four corners who have played!  How did I miss that regression?

His decline began before this year, but he wasn't outright terrible.  Then BAM - this year he's been hot garbage.  Like literally all the guy can do back there is commit penalties.  I've watched 5 of their games this year and he's been a real liability.  Even Viking fans are ready to throw this guy to the curb.  

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

His decline began before this year, but he wasn't outright terrible.  Then BAM - this year he's been hot garbage.  Like literally all the guy can do back there is commit penalties.  I've watched 5 of their games this year and he's been a real liability.  Even Viking fans are ready to throw this guy to the curb.  

Guessing he'd find Trubisky there.

Maybe we should start a division curb side thread.  We would surely put Graham out there.  Guessing the Lions would put Snacks out there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Guessing he'd find Trubisky there.

Maybe we should start a division curb side thread.  We would surely put Graham out there.  Guessing the Lions would put Snacks out there.

LOL, do it!  You could call it the "Retread Parking Lot" thread.  I'm guessing it'd be a very large parking lot!

Acme Packing: The Packers will get a clear shot at the Niners in a few weeks, however. The two teams play in week 12 out in Northern California, giving both sides a chance for a big head-to-head win over the other. For now, the Packers will attempt to hold serve against the Chargers and Panthers in the next two weeks before their bye week gives them a break heading into that game in Santa Clara.

Here’s a look at the playoff picture at present, which would feature the Packers hosting a certain divisional rival in the Wild Card round.

San Francisco 49ers - 7-0 (NFC West leader)
New Orleans Saints - 7-1 (NFC South leader)
Green Bay Packers - 7-1 (NFC North leader)
Dallas Cowboys - 4-3 (NFC East leader)
Seattle Seahawks - 6-2 (Wild Card)
Minnesota Vikings - 6-2 (Wild Card)

* Saints win tiebreaker with Packers based on better conference record (6-1 vs. 5-1); Seahawks own tiebreaker with Vikings based on better conference record (3-1 vs. 5-2)

Meanwhile, the rest of the conference is stacking up behind the Seahawks and Vikings in an effort to track down one of those Wild Card teams. The only division with a non-playoff team within a game of the leader is the NFC East, as the Eagles are a half-game back of Dallas at 4-4, but behind by a head-to-head tiebreaker win.

7. Los Angeles Rams (5-3)
8. Carolina Panthers (4-3)
9. Philadelphia Eagles (4-4)
10. Detroit Lions (3-3-1)
11. Arizona Cardinals (3-4-1)
12. Chicago Bears (3-4)
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-5)
14. New York Giants (2-6)
15. Atlanta Falcons (1-7)
16. Washington (1-7)

15 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

It is nice knowing we are effectively 2 games up with the divisional tie breaker. Hopefully Mahommes plays and KC beats minny next week. I don’t think minny has the secondary to match up with KC. ...

But both of those effectively-two-games will be erased if Vikings beat us in one game there.  That would erase the primary current tie-breaker factor, that we'd beaten them.