Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Citation needed.  I've already debunked this.  The aggregate of our receiver grades is better than, equal to or within 5 whole points of the rest of the NFL.  

Right.  You debunked it.  Just like you spent all off season talking about how great Jmon Moore was?  Or how unbelievable MVS was based on him out producing Cobb, Nelson and Adam's rookie years?  I understand why you can't make a post without calling Rodgers garbage.  You hate the person and despise the fact that he's not playing this game for free for the better of the Packers.  He's also making a group of WRs that you view as elite out to be less then stellar.

How many other high end offenses in the NFL are featuring an undrafted sophomore WR as their #2?  I like Lazard but not long ago he wasn't talented enough to be drafted and was waived by multiple NFL teams.  

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

It got you to harp on something else for a brief moment. And further illustrated how far off the rails you are. So there's that.

What if I told you I'm on a ****ing football forum for fun you crazy bitter old coot?  I don't believe half the **** I say here and the half I do believe I exaggerate to the point of hyperbole.  You're so miserable you take a ****ing football forum twice as seriously as you should and **** on people for talking.  I bet you love sitting in a nice quiet park and feeding pigeons so you can kick them.  

9 minutes ago, SSG said:

It's not that absurd.  You've spent weeks putting 100% of the blame for this offense on the shoulders of the QB because he's risk-averse and not willing to force the ball into the first guy in Green he sees. You want Jamis Winston's decision making without the INTs that come with those decisions.  

Our WR core is among the worst in the NFL.  If you wouldn't have spent the off season talking about how amazing it was I've gotta wonder if you'd still be trying to make Aaron Rodgers out to be the NFL's worst starting QB with every post.  

Rodgers certainly isn't playing like an all pro but this is easily the worst group of pass catchers that he's ever had to deal with.  Until that gets fixed this isn't going to be a Super Bowl caliber offense.  

Never once have I put 100% of the blame on anybody.

I'm critical of Rodgers conservativeness when he's taking sacks on 4th down rather than throwing to an open Graham. I'm critical of Rodgers when he misses every deep ball by 4 yards. I'm critical of Rodgers when he stares at one receiver for 4.5 seconds. I'm critical of Rodgers when the return of a top 5 receiver makes the offense worse due to his neuroticism. I'm critical of Rodgers when he refuses to stand and deliver because he might get hit. 

This false equivalency that you're creating that I supposedly want Rodgers to play like Jameis Winston is laughable. I want him to play like Drew Brews. There aren't two QB levels of aggressiveness just because you picked the two most extreme cases. The ideal is in the middle.

This isn't the worst receiving group in the NFL. To say that would be laughable if it didn't speak to the mental unwellness of the Rodgers obsessed. We have a better receiving group than our last two opponents, and the group the Eagles have been healthy enough to field this year. That's 3 teams in one division alone that we're better than. 

Once you get past Thomas, the Saints WRs are Tedd Ginn Jr, Deonte Harris, Trequan Smith, Lil'Jordan Humphrey, and Austin Carr.

Ryan Tannehill is killing it with AJ Brown, Corey Davis, and Adam Humphreys

Derek Carr's Passer Rating is only two points lower with a trio of Tyrell Williams, Hunter Renfrow, and Keelan Doss. 

**** Man, Cousins is killing it with Diggs, Thielen's 391 yards, and something called an Olabisi Johnson.

The Patriots won the Superbowl last year with Amendola, Gronkoski's corpse, and scrubs. 

I've been saying Rodgers is an average QB for two seasons now. His inability to run the offense or hit a deep ball is most of the reason none of us know what the hell we have at WR right now.

• Like 1

Just now, SSG said:

Right.  You debunked it.  Just like you spent all off season talking about how great Jmon Moore was? 

Lol.  I wasn't a fan of Moore since he was drafted, and I spent all offseason telling people he was going to get cut.  Good shot though.  You really went for it there. 

Or how unbelievable MVS was based on him out producing Cobb, Nelson and Adam's rookie years? 

I can show you no less than a dozen plays where MVS was open, Rodgers was looking in his direction and either overthrew him or didn't throw to him.  You can **** on MVS all you want.  Doesn't change the fact that he's an effective deep threat when he's on the field and Rodgers throws to him.

I understand why you can't make a post without calling Rodgers garbage.  You hate the person and despise the fact that he's not playing this game for free for the better of the Packers. 

Yeah.  It's fun to **** on Rodgers.  If a company is failing, you look at the top, not the 9 dollar an hour stocker or the garden associate that punches in and then leaves only to come back 8 hours later to punch out because the job isn't worth his time.  I actually root for Rodgers to get touchdown passes in the red zone instead of running it in.  Rodgers has the best legacy to uphold and I'd be an idiot if I wanted him to fail.  If I wanted him to play below his ability.  Good thing I'm not an idiot.  Bad thing Rodgers does fail and he does play below his ability.

He's also making a group of WRs that you view as elite out to be less then stellar.

I like Lazard but not long ago he wasn't talented enough to be drafted and was waived by multiple NFL teams.  

You mean kinda like Kurt Warner?  WTF does draft status have to do with it?  Lazard is playing well and he's not getting the ball thrown to him.  What if I told you there's not a receiver in the NFL that can catch a ball and make plays if a QB doesn't throw him the ball? 

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

What if I told you I'm on a ****ing football forum for fun you crazy bitter old coot?  I don't believe half the **** I say here and the half I do believe I exaggerate to the point of hyperbole.  You're so miserable you take a ****ing football forum twice as seriously as you should and **** on people for talking.  I bet you love sitting in a nice quiet park and feeding pigeons so you can kick them.  

You have told me that before and I'm glad to see you typing it out again. Takes the wind out the sails of the occasional times you're actually trying to engage in serious debate.

Congratulations, the first step is admitting it! I'm proud of you @Outpost31. You're on your way.

Step two will be realizing you're not as funny as you think you are. I wish you luck.

Edited by Mr Anonymous

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

You have told me that before and I'm glad to see you typing it out again. Takes the wind out the sails of the occasional times you're actually trying to engage in serious debate.

Congratulations, the first step is admitting it! I'm proud of you @Outpost31. You're on your way.

Now maybe you should admit you don't contribute a Goddamn thing to this forum and STFlipU unless you have something to contribute other than ****ting on people you don't like because you're a bitter old man who likes kicking puppies and shooting pellets at cats in your spare time. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Step two will be realizing you're not as funny as you think you are. I wish you luck.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Now maybe you should admit you don't contribute a Goddamn thing to this forum and STFlipU unless you have something to contribute other than ****ting on people you don't like because you're a bitter old man who likes kicking puppies and shooting pellets at cats in your spare time. 

Off to a poor start. It's ok, it will take some time.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Never once have I put 100% of the blame on anybody.

I'm critical of Rodgers conservativeness when he's taking sacks on 4th down rather than throwing to an open Graham. I'm critical of Rodgers when he misses every deep ball by 4 yards. I'm critical of Rodgers when he stares at one receiver for 4.5 seconds. I'm critical of Rodgers when the return of a top 5 receiver makes the offense worse due to his neuroticism. I'm critical of Rodgers when he refuses to stand and deliver because he might get hit. 

This false equivalency that you're creating that I supposedly want Rodgers to play like Jameis Winston is laughable. I want him to play like Drew Brews. There aren't two QB levels of aggressiveness just because you picked the two most extreme cases. The ideal is in the middle.

This isn't the worst receiving group in the NFL. To say that would be laughable if it didn't speak to the mental unwellness of the Rodgers obsessed. We have a better receiving group than our last two opponents, and the group the Eagles have been healthy enough to field this year. That's 3 teams in one division alone that we're better than. 

Once you get past Thomas, the Saints WRs are Tedd Ginn Jr, Deonte Harris, Trequan Smith, Lil'Jordan Humphrey, and Austin Carr.

Ryan Tannehill is killing it with AJ Brown, Corey Davis, and Adam Humphreys

Derek Carr's Passer Rating is only two points lower with a trio of Tyrell Williams, Hunter Renfrow, and Keelan Doss. 

**** Man, Cousins is killing it with Diggs, Thielen's 391 yards, and something called an Olabisi Johnson.

The Patriots won the Superbowl last year with Amendola, Gronkoski's corpse, and scrubs. 

I've been saying Rodgers is an average QB for two seasons now. His inability to run the offense or hit a deep ball is most of the reason none of us know what the hell we have at WR right now.

But you have countless times.  

You are overly critical of Rodgers while damn near ignoring the faults of every single player that doesn't have #12 on his chest.  For instance, you haven't uttered 1 negative opinion of MVS all year, instead you are putting 100% of his struggles on the shoulder of the QB and the coach.  

I said "Among the worst".  It's only laughable given the inflated opinion you pawned off as fact about the WR core all summer. You were after all a J'mon Moore truther.  How can you possibly pawn Allison, Kumerow and Lazard off as serviceable WRs when you spent all off season trashing them?

2 minutes ago, SSG said:

But you have countless times.  

You are overly critical of Rodgers while damn near ignoring the faults of every single player that doesn't have #12 on his chest.  For instance, you haven't uttered 1 negative opinion of MVS all year, instead you are putting 100% of his struggles on the shoulder of the QB and the coach.  

I said "Among the worst".  It's only laughable given the inflated opinion you pawned off as fact about the WR core all summer. You were after all a J'mon Moore truther.  How can you possibly pawn Allison, Kumerow and Lazard off as serviceable WRs when you spent all off season trashing them?

I don't say negative things about players that are appropriately perceived or underrated by our fan base. I haven't said anything bad about Davante, Linsley, Bulaga, Williams etc on offense. There hasn't been a need. Did MVS have some terrible play that I missed that was supposed to draw my ire?

I have this problem with criticizing MVS in that I've seen Rodgers either miss him terribly or pass him up when open in inexcusable fashion a half dozen times in the first half dozen games. At this point inked I go back and watch his snaps on the All-22, I don't know what to put on him or on Rodgers.

You must have misread something because I never once opined that we have or had an elite group. This was an above average group if everything is hitting right, and absolutely nothing has. Davante's been hurt and his production has been way down. Allison is having a terrible year, worse than any we've seen from him in the pros, and Rodgers/MVS have anti-chemistry. This WR group is bad, but if we have a supposedly elite QB with a phenomenal offensive line with bookend Tackles, stud Backs, and a stud #1 receiver, that should be enough to field an elite offense. It is for New Orleans.