Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Does anyone know what AB's legal situation is at now?  

I know he's a less than "good" human being, but I can't help but wonder if he isn't just the injection this offense could use.

I know it's controversial, but....he can win quick.  He'll demand the ball from Rodgers, which I think is needed at this point and time.  And he may have something to prove in a stretch run.  Putting his personal stuff aside, he's the type of WR that I think could jump start the offense.  And...that personal stuff that was aside is also the stuff that could derail a team.

Just curious if his legal stuff concerning the league is behind him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Does anyone know what AB's legal situation is at now?  

I know he's a less than "good" human being, but I can't help but wonder if he isn't just the injection this offense could use.

I know it's controversial, but....he can win quick.  He'll demand the ball from Rodgers, which I think is needed at this point and time.  And he may have something to prove in a stretch run.  Putting his personal stuff aside, he's the type of WR that I think could jump start the offense.  And...that personal stuff that was aside is also the stuff that could derail a team.

Just curious if his legal stuff concerning the league is behind him.

if the Pats wont take you then your career is pretty much over. 

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What is the point of this post? Like I feel bad even responding to it the entire concept is so absurd. Nobody wants Rodgers to play like the worst starting QB in the NFL. 

We want him to play like a top 10 QB in the NFL and what's holding him back is his absurdly conservative play. 

If a QB is playing well, a few interceptions are going to happen. That's part of the game. He's become so focused on not throwing interceptions that we're giving the ball back at a very high rate, 21st in 3rd down percentage.

Interesting this name should pop up in discussion.....just yesterday an avowed FSU and TB Buc fan posted the following data. I'll deposit it here w/o comment for the sheer reading pleasure of it :)  @SSG

First 67 career starts:

Peyton Manning
17,190 yards, 117 TDs, 84 INTs, 61% completion rate, 85.4 passer rating

Jameis Winston:
18,399 yards, 111 TDs, 78 INTs, 61% completion rate, 86.9 passer rating

Just now, Leader said:

Peyton Manning

Jameis Winston:

And again, in spite of your lack of comment, I'll point out the irrelevance of the post:

Peyton Manning's first 67 starts started in 1998
Jameis Winston's first 67 starts started in 2015

If whoever brought this up originally can't understand the difference, they're dumb and you shouldn't bring up anything else they say. 

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Interesting this name should pop up in discussion.....just yesterday an avowed FSU and TB Buc fan posted the following data. I'll deposit it here w/o comment for the sheer reading pleasure of it :)  @SSG

First 67 career starts:

Peyton Manning

Jameis Winston:

**** everyone who doesn't get the average passing stats of the league have changed.

The average Passer Rating in 2002 was 82.5. in 2018 it was 95.4

Stop comparing across eras.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What is the point of this post? Like I feel bad even responding to it the entire concept is so absurd. Nobody wants Rodgers to play like the worst starting QB in the NFL. 

We want him to play like a top 10 QB in the NFL and what's holding him back is his absurdly conservative play. 

If a QB is playing well, a few interceptions are going to happen. That's part of the game. He's become so focused on not throwing interceptions that we're giving the ball back at a very high rate, 21st in 3rd down percentage.

Ok, no problem and I agree he's become way to conservative .  That being said,  don't you be the 1st one to ***** and moan when he throws that interception taking a chance.    I'm expecting you giving him props for taking that chance to make a play.  I too would like to see him play better. 

3 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Ok, no problem and I agree he's become way to conservative .  That being said,  don't you be the 1st one to ***** and moan when he throws that interception taking a chance.    I'm expecting you giving him props for taking that chance to make a play.  I too would like to see him play better. 

Rodgers almost threw a pick over the middle yesterday and sucked after every subsequent play.  He will never take that chance again.