Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

28 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Yellich is to the Brewers like Pujols WAS to the Cardinals.  No need to get nasty .. Vikings?  Really ... you wish you had Bernie Brewer!!  Just saying it's nice to see a young MVP staying in a small market team not taking the highest dollars.  Nothing more ... relax. 

Just rival talk.  Nobodies BP is up, :D 

I'll see the Crew at least one time this season, in August.  I usually get to about 10-20 Cards games, I live less than a block away from their stadium.  My dad really likes the bobble-head dolls (and is a Cardinals fanatic), so we get a 5 pack of tickets to get those giveaways and there is a special Tuesday night set of games that he also gets.  I see the Brewers, Reds, and Marlins at least once a season.  I haven't been to every stadium, but I have seen almost every team.  Just missing the: Yankees, Red Sox, Orioles, Blue Jays, Rangers, and Mariners.  I will see the Orioles this season, I already have the tickets.  A couple of years ago my dad also gave me the program he saved from my first baseball game ever:  Brewers at Twins, in the Metrodome, 1988.  It has Frank Viola on the cover and the tickets look like something you would buy at the box office for a local concert venue :D.    When I lived in Wisconsin, we would get to Milwaukee about once a season for a game.  We would also get down to St Louis for a game or two every summer.  

Also, for the record, I hate mascots.  And I think the Cardinals Fred Bird is my least favorite of them all.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Like the 10 years we had Albert Pujols? And the championships we won during that time?

The Brewers' trophy case looks exactly like the Vikings.  But you do have Bernie Brewer, and his slide.  That rules!

I don't take offense, but let's be real. Baseball is not a sport. The playing field isn't level. The Brewers ever making it to the post season is a huge win in itself. Even if they are perfect in all their moves and farm system, you can't compete with those that can throw $$$ around at will. 

• Like 1

Just now, cannondale said:

I don't take offense, but let's be real. Baseball is not a sport. The playing field isn't level. The Brewers ever making it to the post season is a huge win in itself. Even if they are perfect in all their moves and farm system, you can't compete with those that can throw $$$ around at will. 

Which is why I am not too upset about the Astros cheating.  They screwed over the Yankees and Dodgers? Cry me a river.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

Time to open up the world series to include the world.. And just have a few different cup tournaments for the league based on $ allotment or something. Baseball sucks. Or the US should dump baseball and pick up Soccer, which is a much better game anyways.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Time to open up the world series to include the world.. And just have a few different cup tournaments for the league based on $ allotment or something. Baseball sucks. Or the US should dump baseball and pick up Soccer, which is a much better game anyways.

It would just be all the Caribbean nations playing for the championship every year 😂

CHTV -  After weeks of voting and review of the careers of the greatest players in the history of the Green Bay Packers, we have come up with the 25 finalists who will be voted on to determine, who the top ten Green Bay Packers of all-time will be....

1.          James Lofton
2.          Forrest Gregg
3.          Mike Michalske
4.          Willie Wood
5.          Jim Ringo
6.          Herb Adderly
7.          Clarke Hinkle
8.          Robert (Cal) Hubbard
9.          Henry Jordan
10.       Tony Canadeo
11.       Don Hutson
12.       Earl (Curly) Lambeau
13.       Johnny (Blood) McNally
14.       Arnie Herber
15.       Willie Davis
16.       Ray Nitschke
17.       Bart Starr
18.       Jim Taylor
19.       Paul Hornung
20.       Reggie White
21.       Brett Favre
22.       Aaron Rodgers
23.       Dave Robinson
24.       Jerry Kramer
25.       LeRoy Butler

Honorable Mention:
1.          Sterling Sharpe
2.          Clay Matthews
3.          Nick Collins
4.          Charles Woodson
5.          Donald Driver/Jordy Nelson/Fuzzy Thurston

/////

Who would be your top 10?

1 minute ago, Leader said:

CHTV -  After weeks of voting and review of the careers of the greatest players in the history of the Green Bay Packers, we have come up with the 25 finalists who will be voted on to determine, who the top ten Green Bay Packers of all-time will be....

1.          James Lofton
4.          Willie Wood
5.          Jim Ringo
6.          Herb Adderly
9.          Henry Jordan
10.       Tony Canadeo
11.       Don Hutson
14.       Arnie Herber
15.       Willie Davis
16.       Ray Nitschke
17.       Bart Starr
18.       Jim Taylor
19.       Paul Hornung
20.       Reggie White
21.       Brett Favre
22.       Aaron Rodgers
23.       Dave Robinson
24.       Jerry Kramer
25.       LeRoy Butler

Honorable Mention:
3.          Nick Collins

/////

Not in any particular order:

Favre

White

Hutson

Rodgers

Starr

Nitschke

Robinson

Kramer

Hornung

Wood

CHTV - The Packers 10 best free agent signings of all-time: 

The list includes only the modern form of free agency that began in 1993. Undrafted free agents, “Plan B” free agents and players signed under rules prior to 1993 are not included here.

1. DE Reggie White 1993
2. CB Charles Woodson 2006
3. DT Santana Dotson 1996
4. OLB/DE Julius Peppers 2014
5. OLB Za’Darius Smith 2019
6. OLB Preston Smith 2019
7. KR/WR Desmond Howard 1996
8. DE Sean Jones 1994
9. DT Ryan Pickett 2006
10. S Adrian Amos 2019

/////

2019 is well represented.....already.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

CHTV -  After weeks of voting and review of the careers of the greatest players in the history of the Green Bay Packers, we have come up with the 25 finalists who will be voted on to

1.          James Lofton

6.          Herb Adderly

11.       Don Hutson

15.       Willie Davis
16.       Ray Nitschke
17.       Bart Starr
18.       Jim Taylor

20.       Reggie White
21.       Brett Favre
22.       Aaron Rodgers

25+     Gale Gillingham

I went with a top 12

3 hours ago, Leader said:

1.          James Lofton
4.          Willie Wood
5.          Jim Ringo
6.          Herb Adderly
9.          Henry Jordan
10.       Tony Canadeo
11.       Don Hutson
14.       Arnie Herber
15.       Willie Davis
16.       Ray Nitschke
17.       Bart Starr
18.       Jim Taylor
19.       Paul Hornung
20.       Reggie White
21.       Brett Favre
22.       Aaron Rodgers
23.       Dave Robinson
24.       Jerry Kramer
25.       LeRoy Butler

Honorable Mention:
3.          Nick Collins

/////

James Lofton a as Packer doesn't belong on that list over Sharpe, Matthews, Collins, or Woodson IMO. Woodson is clearly a top 10 of all-time. We're talking a DPOY guy here.